News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Help organizing & placing windows

Started by NoCforMe, November 22, 2011, 01:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoCforMe

Thank you, I know how to kill a process (Win2K here, so I use Task Manager). Why doesn't the app show itself? Just curious.

jj2007

Quote from: NoCforMe on November 23, 2011, 06:35:26 AM
Thank you, I know how to kill a process (Win2K here, so I use Task Manager). Why doesn't the app show itself? Just curious.
Sorry, I saw you were scared of ghosts so I thought it's better to give details :bg

Quote from: NoCforMe on November 23, 2011, 01:26:17 AM
Kinda creepy to have a process running that's a ghost ...

Re the why: I stole the app from Xandaz, and he uses a Windows XP manifest. Try commenting out the manifest in rsrc.rc:
//IDR_XPMANIFEST1 MANIFEST "xpmanifest.xml"

ToutEnMasm

But I don't want those "advantages". I don't want the band to be resizeable, or moveable, or configurable. I just want a place to park some additional controls.
see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb774393(v=vs.85).aspx
RBBS_FIXEDSIZE The band can't be sized. With this style, the sizing grip is not displayed on the band

NoCforMe

Quote from: ToutEnMasm on November 23, 2011, 08:07:16 AM
see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb774393(v=vs.85).aspx
RBBS_FIXEDSIZE The band can't be sized. With this style, the sizing grip is not displayed on the band

Thanks. I've got that bookmarked and will experiment with it.

jj2007

Quote from: jj2007 on November 23, 2011, 07:55:32 AM
Try commenting out the manifest in rsrc.rc:
//IDR_XPMANIFEST1 MANIFEST "xpmanifest.xml"

Did you try?

NoCforMe

Well, I remade the program but it made no difference. Commented out that manifest line like you told me to, assembled & linked, still no visible window nor appearance in the taskbar.

That's the limit of my patience and my curiosity concerning this. Life's too damn short ...

jj2007

Quote from: NoCforMe on November 24, 2011, 12:30:21 AM
Well, I remade the program but it made no difference. Commented out that manifest line like you told me to, assembled & linked, still no visible window nor appearance in the taskbar.

That's the limit of my patience and my curiosity concerning this. Life's too damn short ...

You are using Win2K, that's a bit ancient. With a debugger, one could find out where it fails...