MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

USPS 2011 Net Loss $5.1 Billion.

Started by Bill Cravener, November 16, 2011, 01:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cravener

Where is rags? This is bullshit!

"The Postal Service reported a net loss of $5.1 billion for its 2011 fiscal year and on Tuesday warned that[sic] could run out of cash by September of next year if Congress did not offer relief."

"The losses could add pressure on Congress to pass legislation offering relief to the cash-strapped agency."

Hmm, I wonder were that relief would come from? Not the taxpayers would it?

"The loss reported on Tuesday did not include a $5.5 billion payment to prefund retiree health benefits"

Well shucks, I wouldn't want paper carriers to lose any of their benefits!

http://www.newsdaily.com/stories/tre7ae2t4-us-usa-postal-fiscal
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

MichaelW

QuoteHmm, I wonder were that relief would come from? Not the taxpayers would it?

I don't understand what the problem is with just increasing the price of postage. I want reliable mail service, and could not care less if the price of a first-class stamp is 44 cents, or multi-times that. And while they're at it they need to eliminate bulk-rate postage. Going into the hole delivering massive amounts of spam, that most patrons don't want and have to throw away, at a below-cost rate, is beyond stupid.

eschew obfuscation

Bill Cravener

If there's one government run system that's needs privatized it's the US Postal Service. Time to privatize it if for no other reason than to get rid of all the damn junk mail.
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat