News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Qeditor compile Problem

Started by keivy, November 16, 2011, 11:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keivy

I'm a Newbie to qeditor,  whenever I open a file in qeditor and click "Assembly & Link", it says cannot open the obj file:

"C:\masm32\examples\exampl01\oldstyle\oldstyle"
Microsoft (R) Macro Assembler Version 6.14.8444
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1981-1997.  All rights reserved.

Assembling: C:\masm32\examples\exampl01\oldstyle\oldstyle.asm
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 5.12.8078
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1992-1998. All rights reserved.

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file "C:\masm32\examples\exampl01\
oldstyle\oldstyle.obj"
_
Link error

I searched My disk and found the directory is "C:\Windows\system32\oldstyle.obj"
The directory seems to be wrong.
I  used UltraEdit to complie asm files, it works fine, but I want try to use qeditor.
In UltraEdit I could set the "Working directory", in qeditor there isn't such a option,I don't know how to change the directory.
The build.bat
Did I do something wrong?
Cound any tell me what to do?

jj2007

Do you have the same problem if open the folder C:\masm32 in Explorer and launch C:\masm32\qeditor.exe from there?

keivy

Quote from: jj2007 on November 16, 2011, 12:43:06 PM
Do you have the same problem if open the folder C:\masm32 in Explorer and launch C:\masm32\qeditor.exe from there?

Thanks,It's OK now,
I find that by click File->Set Current Directory,the directory could be changed, by default it is the system32 folder.
But I think it's not so convenient.If I right click on a .asm file and click open with qeditor.exe, the error would appear.

hutch--

QE starts from where you start it from and it is done like this so if you set your explorer of file manager to .asm files, all you need to do is double click on the asm file and QE will open it AND be in the correct directory.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php