MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Need basic help creating a library

Started by NoCforMe, November 03, 2011, 06:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoCforMe

Quote from: dedndave on November 04, 2011, 12:27:48 PM
as i mentioned before, you could take the INCLUDELIB directive out of the source and put it in the INC file

Regarding this, while it obviously makes it more convenient, it seems a little silly to include the INCLUDELIB in the source file where the library module itself is being defined. So what is the effect of that: nothing? (Otherwise, it would have to be recursive or something!)

fearless

Its more about making the lib distributable and re-usable with ease, and since all the function prototypes are defined in your .inc makes sense to use that with the includelib. Both for your lib and for referencing the lib functions in other asm modules that you create.
Ć’earless

NoCforMe

Right, I got that. I guess the answer to my question above, then, is "it doesn't hurt if you put INCLUDELIB in the file where the library module is declared".

dedndave

well - there are cases where you may want to build a project with different versions of a library
in that context, it makes sense to put the INCLUDELIB in the asm source, where it is clearly visible and easily changed