MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Original MASM 6.11 Package

Started by GregL, October 17, 2011, 03:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregL

vanjast

It's a crime to be selling those items, they should be arrested and strung up by the gooneys...... :naughty:

I've had my copy for 21 years and will never sell it, stiffy (floppy) disks and all... :U

Actually what's the data guarantee time on a magnetic disk.. isn't it somewhere around 15 years maybe, in ideal storage conditions ??
:8)

hutch--

I still have my MASM 6.00 disks and manuals but I doubt the floppies still work. I have had it archived for many years so if I could think of a reason to play in DOS (which I can't) I have the early version. I also have the complete 6.11 and its about as useful as 6.00.  :bg
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

Bill Cravener

I guess I should hold on to my MS-DOS 5.0 thats sealed in unbroken plastic cellophane. Might be worth something someday, or perhaps to be placed in some museum. :bg

My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

dedndave

i threw a bunch of those out, Bill   :lol

what i do have, that i like to keep - the IBM books in boxes
MS DOS Technical Reference Manual - i forget which version - 3.something
BASIC 3.something
IBM XT Technical Reference Manual
IBM AT Technical Reference Manual

the last 2 have schematics and BIOS code listings   :bg

Bill Cravener

Heck it was only 20 years ago that MS-DOS 5.0 in June 1991 having some 50 million users came out and as I recall was the version that effectively killed DR-DOS. :bg

I don't know Dave maybe you should have held on to them buddy, especially if they were still in there unbroken cellophane? They seem to be a big item on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-MS-DOS-5-0-SEALED-AND-BRAND-NEW-Rare-/180734061568?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1496ec00#ht_500wt_1180

My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

sinsi

I've still got DOS 5 on three 3.5" 720K floppies, OEM from Commodore of all people.
Also have MASM6, three 5.25" 360K floppies and the 832 page Programmer's Guide.

I still have the floppies for my long gone Microbee, Z80 CPU and CP/M 2.2
That's how I learned asm, with a program called EDASM, sort of like debug.
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them.

dedndave

i did some work for this company back in the 80's
we made systems for public schools
it included all the stuff for AV, fire alarm, security alarm, CCTV, phone - it tied the whole thing together
had things like a video "bulletin board" - and teachers could dial the AV room and use the DTMF to operate their VCR   :P

anyways - i wrote part of the OS for this thing
what i did was, i used MSDOS.SYS and IO.SYS from MS DOS, but replaced COMMAND.COM and everything else with our stuff
so - with each system we sold, we charged them for a copy of MS DOS (~$75 i think it was)
at the end of the day, we had all these copies of DOS - floppies and books - unopened
some time after windows 95 came out, i tossed them all out because they were pretty much useless - lol

GregL

Actually I like having the printed manuals etc. in the original box.  If for nothing else, for the nostalgia.