x64 Inline Assemblly Support In MS Visual C++

Started by msqweasm, May 24, 2011, 12:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msqweasm

I know inline assembly is not longer available in visual c++ for x64.  But is it possible to achieve something similar in other ways. I want to add, say, just a few NOPs or other simple instructions in some particular places of my subroutines.  It could be just a simple way to experiment with a asm programming in the x64 environment.  Is it possible to do it in x64 at all?

Alloy

I think the only way so far is to use the Intel C compiler addon.
We all used to be something else. Nature has always recycled.

dedndave

or write a complete module in ASM that has your NOP's inserted   :P

qWord

Quote from: msqweasm on May 24, 2011, 12:31:20 PMIt could be just a simple way to experiment with a asm programming in the x64 environment.  Is it possible to do it in x64 at all?
Simply use Japhets jWasm+WinInc. Then you can use MSVCTR console functions for IO.
Also you can create a procedure/function using jwasm and then link the object file to your c++ program (which use this function). Createting an DLL is also an option.
FPU in a trice: SmplMath
It's that simple!

Rockoon

Quote from: qWord on May 26, 2011, 05:14:11 PM
Also you can create a procedure/function using jwasm and then link the object file to your c++ program (which use this function). Createting an DLL is also an option.

Is there masm/jwasm source code for a simple 64-bit DLL floating around? With a function that takes a few parameters, and preferably without using any of the higher level masm niceties (no automatic function prolog/epilog) ??

When C++ compilers can be coerced to emit rcl and rcr, I *might* consider using one.

Alloy

maybe this "x64 Assembly and C++ Tutorial 9_ Passing Integers to and from C++ and Assembly" at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tpOEdxtRkA or "x64 Assembly and C++ Tutorial 27: Calling C++ from ASM" at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txFXiFafTTc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL can help.
We all used to be something else. Nature has always recycled.