News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

The Simple DirectMedia Layer

Started by Twister, July 21, 2011, 12:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twister

I have found that the Simple DirectMedia Layer (or simply called 'SDL') is a great graphics library.  With it being so widely ported, it still gives top-tier speeds.  There is even a port to Atari, and that is just to name one of many!  All it really is it a wrapper to the OS graphics, mouse functions so there is realistically there is no bloating or sluggish behaviour.

I just thought I would let you know of this great toolkit.  It can be used for multitudes of project that include fast, accurate graphics.

Here is the official website:  http://www.libsdl.org

Thanks for reading. :bg

RDRush

Atari rules.

Nice post as it's literally a GUI world! Too many live in ignorance to the fact that when we program/engineer an article like an app there might be those out there that don't want to bother with command line arguments and flags. Minor oversight I'm sure; it's easy to misinterpret the fact that programmers are a global minority and we can't have our cake and eat it with the general populace too. I'm working on it, but people like pictures so a graphics library seems to be an implicit requirement for anything that reaches past the specialized developer community and this one sounds to be pretty reliable as well as competent for its purposing -- it even sounds official --  :8).