Assembly Programming using DOS (MASM80x86)

Started by rexonlescano1, September 05, 2011, 09:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rexonlescano1

Anyone there can help me... i have a final project.. using assembly programming in DOS in MASM8086.
here's what it is.. its like a file manager..
- it can create a file(.txt and .doc) and write into it and then saves it.
- it can create a directory
- it can delete directory
- it can change drive
- it can delete a file
- it can copy a file

that's it.. can anybody teach me here... or anyone can give me a program that is the same as the thought of this program...

These are what ive done recently.

Thank You...

dedndave

If you intend to continue writing 16-bit programs, I suggest you download Ralf Brown's Interrupt List:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~ralf/files.html

The list is organized in 6 ZIP files (inter61a.zip-inter61f.zip). This is the most complete list of interrupts available.
Most of the information you will need is in the first 2 ZIP files (inter61a.zip and inter61b.zip).

The files are fairly large text files. If you look down the list a little further, there is a program for viewing them.
It is called Ralf Brown Interrupt List Viewer, or simply RBIL Viewer (rbilv21.zip).

The individual text files have names like INTERRUP.A, INTERRUP.B, and so on.
You may want to rename them to something like INT_A.TXT, INT_B.TXT, etc. to make them easier to use.

Ralf's List has a lot of information you may never use, because they try to make it complete.
On the other hand, it is full of useful tables and structure definitions that are hard to find elsewhere.

you are primarily going to be interested in these functions, which are in Ralf's text file named INTERRUP.F

INT 21h, AH = 39h create directory
INT 21h, AH = 3Ah remove directory
INT 21h, AH = 3Bh change current directory
INT 21h, AH = 3Ch create file
INT 21h, AH = 3Dh open file
INT 21h, AH = 3Eh close file
INT 21h, AH = 3Fh read file
INT 21h, AH = 40h write file
INT 21h, AH = 41h delete file

also - for a quick reference, Randy Hyde's AOA

http://www.arl.wustl.edu/~lockwood/class/cs306/books/artofasm/toc.html

Chapter 13  BIOS, DOS, and File I/O     (includes information on the interrupt services)

.....Edit File
your instructor is mean - lol

Rockphorr

Strike while the iron is hot - Бей утюгом, пока он горячий