News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Back home for a bit

Started by donkey, August 08, 2011, 10:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donkey

After 2 weeks of camping in the mountains near Canmore, I'm back for a week then off to Glacier National Park for 3 weeks. Sorry if I missed a few questions and messages, I will get to reading trough everything when I get settled in.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Bill Cravener

My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

Vortex

baltoro

Hey, EDGAR,...I'm curious,...
I've been reading a guidebook to the Canadian Rockies, and, the description of the town of Canmore makes it sound like it's the perfect place to get acquainted with (in terms of tourist amenities) if you want to explore the Banff region. The guidebook I have is a road guide, not a backcountry guide (fishing, hiking, climbing),...and, so, I was wondering,...

• What is the approximate altitude of timberline in that neighborhood ?
  • Did you see alot of snow still above the tree line ?
  • Do they automatically arrest anyone with California license plates in Canmore ?

For you non-Canadians, I found this YouTube video: Bow River Near Canmore Alberta, !;28
Baltoro

vanjast

So ... where are the pics ??  :(

donkey

Well, Canmore is a beautiful little town, the folk festival was on while I was there and it was pretty fun, but if you really want to experience the Rockies, Banff is the place to go or if you're a bit adventurous try Rogers Pass, there are some trails there (self guided) that are astounding. No, it's actually amazing how many California plates you see in the Rockies, they like the tourist bucks so you likely won't even get a parking ticket. The snow line is pretty high at this time of year though you still see a few patches now and then, mostly inthe high mountain passes. The glaciers (for example in Lake Louise) are still around but for how much longer nobody can say so there is still some hiking into snow covered regions.

No pics this time, my cameras were stolen a while back and I just haven't gotten around to buying another one, I'm in Glacier National Park next week and I promise I'll bring one. The park has some of the largest and most rugged mountians in Canada, awesome scenery.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

baltoro

Baltoro