News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Don't Panic !!!

Started by baltoro, August 08, 2011, 08:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baltoro

CNN is reporting: Dow Plunges 630 Points After Standard and Poor's Downgrade.
Same thing in the Los Angeles Times: Dow Closes Down 634 Points After Final Plunge.

The CNN article says: "U.S. stocks have fallen 15% during the past two weeks. Though observers said S&P's downgrade shouldn't matter all that much, the market wasn't buying it. "

I'm not usually one to go berserk at the first sign of trouble, but,...I think EVERYONE SHOULD RUN FOR THEIR LIVES !!!
Why do I get this ominous feeling that the U.S. Stock Market is about to implode into a hideous black hole ???   

Where is all that money going to go ??? Humanitarian Relief for Zimbabwe and Sudan ??? Funding for the World Health Organization's fight against AIDS and other Sexually Transmitted Disease epidemics ??? Technology upgrades for the Mexican Drug Cartels ??? Sarah Palin's Twitter Campaign for President ???
Baltoro

dedndave

it's hard to say what it really means
they threw a big rock into the pond
now we have to wait for the ripples to settle to see if it affected the water level   :P

baltoro

DAVE !!!
It's just paper,...who cares ??? :eek
But, then again,...all those derivatives contracts and the credit default swaps and mortgages that everyone defaulted on were paper too.
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 is just paper,...
The Constitution of the United States is paper,...
Everything I get out of my ATM is paper,... :eek
Baltoro

dedndave

WHAT !!!

think of it this way....
when someone else's credit rating goes down, it makes yours go up
especially when it's someone big

baltoro

Dang, Dave, I've never seen you use Capital letters or punctuation,...
This is intense. :eek
Baltoro

anunitu

When you are saying just paper,I think first of the roll of paper in my bathroom ::)

baltoro

Here is an exciting video from CNN: Standard and Poor's Reputation Under Fire
This is shocking: Investors Lose a Trillion Dollars in One Day
You know, after this, Americans are going to be angry and most of them will be drunk for the entire next week. I sure hope that Extraterrestrials don't decide to invade.
...We should probably attack them first, before they can get their shit together,... :eek
Baltoro

dedndave

i'd be more inclined to worry about China

Bill Cravener

Quote from: dedndave on August 09, 2011, 02:49:43 AM
i'd be more inclined to worry about China

Yep, we owe them a good some of money, they just might demand it back like right now!
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

dedndave

well - i was thinking along the lines...

a good time to invade may be in the near future
we can't afford to defend ourselves

i have always suspected that the Chinese empire has been patiently biding their time,
waiting for the opportune moment to conquer the world

Bill Cravener

I guess there is nothing to worry about, that crazy nut Allen Greenspan said all we'd need to do is print more money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6vi528gseA
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

dedndave

i thought that's what they've been doing   :red

Bill Cravener

Quite true and that is what I stated, Greenspan said all we have to do is print "more" money! :tdown
My MASM32 Examples.

hutch--

:bg

PANIC PANIC, the end of the worls is nigh, low countries will flood, the economy is on the rocks and the only solution apart from paying more TAX is to sit freezing your arse off and introspecting at your navel while blowing a joint which is the only form of combustion allowed.  :P
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

Bill Cravener

Quote from: hutch-- on August 10, 2011, 08:47:37 AM
:bg

. . .and introspecting at your navel while blowing a joint which is the only form of combustion allowed.  :P

You know I've done that! :bg
My MASM32 Examples.