News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Tea Party Cheers For American Credit Downgrade

Started by cman, August 08, 2011, 07:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anunitu

This is kinda cool. Watched a story about a couple that were being forclosed on by Bank of America,even though they had NO morgage,place was paid for in cash. They went to court to stop this action and won. The bank was told to pay their court costs($3,000), but didn't pay. Couple sued to forclose on the bank and did so..funny as hell to see the video of them pulling up to the bank with a foreclosuer team and the sheriff.

hutch--

Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

Bill Cravener

My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

dedndave

well - it was the attorney that actually went after the bank - lol
in a way, that's even more ironic
it's a damn shame that the end result wasn't more painful for the bank
still, anything you take from a bank gets passed on to the customer, eventually

Bill Cravener

Quote from: dedndave on August 11, 2011, 12:07:31 PM
still, anything you take from a bank gets passed on to the customer, eventually

I suppose and yet I doubt that 3,000 bucks is any problem for a banking institution of that size. I mean what else would you have had them folks do? Back in the late 90's early 2000's I got into flipping a couple homes that at the time I paid cash for, that is I bought one fixed it up then sold it took the money and then bought the second. I profited off of both nicely but what would I have done if when I purchased a home I got a letter that because of bank stupidity I was being foreclosed on? I would have first hired an attorney and then I'd have gone after them somebitches! Of course if I could get away with it I would skip the attorney and just go to the bank and shot the bank manager dead. :wink
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

dedndave

you know the couple had a sense of satisfaction   :P

but, lawyers fighting bankers is always going to affect us in some small way
those guys never lose money

xanatose

Quote from: jj2007 on August 10, 2011, 07:40:41 AM
There are some other nice tricks to get income distribution back to normal, but that would be over the top for an assembly forum ;-)
Contrary to a politician, a lawyer or a CEO of a multinational company. An assembler programmer must understand logic.
When you program in assembler, you cannot talk your way out. You must understand the problem, as you must tell the machine exactly what to do. If it fails, is your fault, you do not go around and blame the machine. Even if the documentation is wrong, you make a work around (as blaming will not get you closer to finish your program).

The politicians and the Directors of corporations base their actions on appearance of value. Instead of trying to comprehend and solve a problem, a politician tries to make it appear that he is doing something, meanwhile planning who to blame in case the strategy do not work. It will be funny to see a programmer blaming the computer when their program crashes. Yet is the norm with politicians. Do nothing, appear you are doing something, and when it fails (and it will, since you are not trying to solve the problem, but jus appear to be doing it) blame someone else.

Corporations base their power on appearance of value and buying off politicians. There are many examples in which the best technology did not succeed. What is important in capitalism is appearance of value, not value. Corporations know it. They also know that politicians need money to get elected to their cushy jobs. And thus buy them off. Sometimes legally, sometimes illegally. But at the end is a buy off (someone that pays 30k for a dinner with a politician, wants something in return. And someone that bring a 100 of their employees each paying 30k per plate, really want something from the politician. Yet, this is completely legal.

Lawyers base their income on abundance of confusing laws. And is no surprise that the majority of politicians are lawyers.

Democracy fatal flaw is that the vote of an idiot have the same weight as the vote of a wise. Thus the only way to avoid stupid decisions in a democracy is to eliminate the idiots (hopefully by teaching them how to stop being an idiot).

Bill Cravener

NEW YORK TIMES POLL: TEA PARTY LESS POPULAR THAN MUSLIMS, ATHEISTS, 21 OTHER GROUPS

I love it! :bg

"The Tea Party ranks lower than any of the 23 other groups we asked about — lower than both Republicans and Democrats. It is even less popular than much maligned groups like "atheists" and "Muslims." Interestingly, one group that approaches it in unpopularity is the Christian Right."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/17/opinion/crashing-the-tea-party.html?ref=teapartymovement

And

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/08/17/297731/poll-tea-party-muslims/
My MASM32 Examples.

FORTRANS

Quote from: Bill Cravener on August 17, 2011, 04:02:19 PM
I love it! :bg

Hi,

2nd that.

Cheers,

Steve N.

P.S

1,000th post.  Blabbing way too much I guess.
SRN

Bill Cravener

Quote from: FORTRANS on August 17, 2011, 08:42:00 PM
P.S

1,000th post.  Blabbing way too much I guess.
SRN

Not hardly Steve N. We have a long way to go before we ever catch up to our dear friend Dave. He has us beat by many miles. :bg
My MASM32 Examples.

dedndave

i hafta ease up or i'll pass Hutch   :lol

most of my posts are spent helping n00b's
i figure if i can get the easy ones, it frees up the big guns for the hard ones   :U

Bill Cravener

I think most of us are glad you are around here Dave. I sure as hell don't have the patients to instruct n00b's other then the examples I give away. You keep posting as much as you can buddy. :bg
My MASM32 Examples.