News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

ISPs -- Grrr...

Started by Twister, August 09, 2011, 07:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Astro

We have the same problem here. DSL service everywhere, simply because BT can keep on using 40 year old copper cable instead of rolling out fiber.

There is a major con with ADSL here in the UK. My service right now is limited to 2 Mbps, though I pay for "up to 8 Mbps" - it is clearly being artificially limited, though why, I'm not sure (haven't bothered to call them). That said, I get better service now it is limited to 2 Mbps than when it was free to run up to 8 Mbps. Even 3 Mbps didn't seem much of a improvement, and actually seemed a bit worse as the rate was so variable across a transfer.

I'd actually prefer to go back to a 2 Mbps service (or 3 Mbps if they can keep it consistent) than "up to 8 Mbps" as it is smooooooooooth. I don't think servers like highly variable rate transfers even though they should be able to handle it. I get less problems now streaming video than when the line was technically faster, but much more variable.

zemtex

The pictures above is not random, they truelly represent an example of people who have practiced the two different directions, the lefthand side won.
People who work to "close" and "control" the internet are really people who have absolutely no clue what they are doing, they just think of the internet as something "fun" that is not really all that important. So they work to close it, because they don't use it all that much themselves so it isn't necessarily an important thing.  :lol

I truelly don't care whether they want to protect businesses, their income, warez, whatever the reason is. World Wide Web was made for information sharing, not for business. If they want to do business, I suggest they get off the web and into old fashiional stores. It is a tragic thing that the internet is becoming a tool of the business world and that individuals like you and me have to suffer the consequences.

If I were to deside, I would put a minimum requirement for people who want to destroy the internet, the minimum requirement should be that they know html, if they dont know html, they should not be legitimate decision takers in such a question. If all your background is rooted in the kitchen, you have no business in destroying a global concept like the internet.

What is more important, business or enlightenment.

Beware the ignorant.
I have been puzzling with lego bricks all my life. I know how to do this. When Peter, at age 6 is competing with me, I find it extremely neccessary to show him that I can puzzle bricks better than him, because he is so damn talented that all that is called rational has gone haywire.