News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Makefile Tutorial

Started by zemtex, August 02, 2011, 07:04:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexander

As my understanding, nmake or other kinds of make tool is used for automatically compile/link , I prefer to  bat script if the project is not so huge ,here is an example: http://four-f.webs.com/KmdTut/kmd03.html

zemtex

Just to add another funny layer in this thread. I actually use a batch file to CREATE the makefile whenever I create a new project. I call it CMAKE.bat

I type CMAKE <programname> and it will automatically create the makefile for me.  :lol

Batch files are very useful, don't get it wrong.
I have been puzzling with lego bricks all my life. I know how to do this. When Peter, at age 6 is competing with me, I find it extremely neccessary to show him that I can puzzle bricks better than him, because he is so damn talented that all that is called rational has gone haywire.

TmX

Quote from: zemtex on August 04, 2011, 06:07:19 AM
Just to add another funny layer in this thread. I actually use a batch file to CREATE the makefile whenever I create a new project. I call it CMAKE.bat

I type CMAKE <programname> and it will automatically create the makefile for me.  :lol

Batch files are very useful, don't get it wrong.

Actually, threre's a well known build system generator called CMake.  It's used by big open source projects like KDE, MySQL, etc.  :green

zemtex

:bg

I haven't tried that one out.
I have been puzzling with lego bricks all my life. I know how to do this. When Peter, at age 6 is competing with me, I find it extremely neccessary to show him that I can puzzle bricks better than him, because he is so damn talented that all that is called rational has gone haywire.

XSP_2011