News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Drum Machine

Started by Bill Cravener, August 28, 2011, 05:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cravener

When I was married long ago during my twenties I played the drums but lost interest when I devoiced and got interested in computers. Back in the late 90's I found a fun toy called HammerHead a drum machine that I spent hours having fun with for years. Anyway I discovered that the author of the program has a website where you can download HammerHead and to my surprise it works great in Vista and should work just as well in Win 7. Now if you have a good sound system like I have you can rock the house away. :bg

You may have to start it with administrator rights. It is a really fun toy if you like drum beats and very simple to use. Also comes with drum beat examples. :thumbu

http://www.threechords.com/hammerhead/introduction.shtml

My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

dedndave

my younger brother has been playing drums since we were little kids
growing up, i always thought it was a nuisance - "noise", rather than "sound"

now, he is the best drummer i have ever heard   :U
you may have heard of him - Jack Sheldon
he also plays other percussion instruments - he really rocks on the xylophones
i would like to hear more of that

alas, arthritis slows him down a bit
he doesn't have it bad - just enough to prevent him from playing long sets

Bill Cravener

I understand where your brother is coming from Dave. I too suffer with arthritis and even if I wanted to I could never get back into playing drums because my ankles are stiff, my wrists and fingers hurt and if it wasn't for the fact I am very good at point and poking I wouldn't be able to type on a computer keyboard. Don't misunderstand me I'm not yet a cripple but it sure doesn't come easy these days buddy. Getting older sucks!!
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

baltoro

When I was younger, I played guitar. I was terrible, but, eventually, you learn the rudiments of music.
The music software they have on the market now, is really pretty versatile,...and, very affordable. Any moron can become a songwriter. The software I purchased provides you with what is known as a software synthesizer. You have an entire orchestra at your command. It's all MIDI compatible,...so, all you really need is one of those cheap electronic keyboards (you don't even need that, really,...you can compose just like you are writing the sheet music).
...And, yes, they've got drums,...lots of drums,...and, all kinds of percussion,...
Here is a general description of the: Digital Audio Workstation
...And, here is a Google search page for: Digital Audio Workstation
Baltoro