News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

MDI child with dwStyle POPUP?

Started by xandaz, July 24, 2011, 08:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xandaz

Is this possible? it must be right? I think that paint works like this. At least the back brush is equal to an MDIClient. Can someone show me how to use an MDI child with popup style? it always creates with overlapped style.
   Thanks

qWord

Quote from: xandaz on July 24, 2011, 08:09:05 PMI think that paint works like this. At least the back brush is equal to an MDIClient.
Are you referring to Microsoft's mspaint.exe? AFAIKS ms-paint doesn't use MDI windows. Also: what do you mean with the back brush?
FPU in a trice: SmplMath
It's that simple!

xandaz

I gave some misleading information. I just wanted to know how to make an MDI child with POPUP style.

if i do this:
mov wc.lpszClassName,offset MdiChildClass
mov wc.blah blah blah...
RegisterClassEx,addr wc
CreateWindowEx,NULL,addr MdiChildClass,addr MdiName,WS_POPUP,....

it just creates a window with overlapped looking style....
how do i do it then?

qWord

I don't think that this is possible.
What are yo trying to do? - Why not simply use a normal popup window?
It's that simple!

xandaz

Qword... I thought that word for example and other application that use sheet looking stuff ( i thought that these we're MDI children ) did it like this. I'm trying to make an example for GDI drawing and thought of making the canvas like this. Too bad its impossible....
Thanks Q

qWord

xandaz ,
If you want do use such things, it is highly recommended to switch to GDI+. The old GDI is to 'weak' for such effects/drawings.
It's that simple!

dedndave

QuoteWS_POPUP The windows is a pop-up window. This style cannot be used with the WS_CHILD style