News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Don't resurface those brake rotors!

Started by Bill Cravener, July 17, 2011, 06:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cravener

If you own a car and have had to deal with disk brake problems you'd be wise to check out this link.

http://www.oeqf.com/techinfo/scratching/scratching_lg.htm

My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

ixuta

Yep, the link is correct. Resurfacing brake rotors correctly is important. A brake lathe will have an optional attachment to apply the swirl finish to brake rotors. The attachment will be a sperately powered device that looks similar to a rotary grinder. This optioanl attachment applys the swirl finish, or cross-hatching, after the rotors are turned. The car owner should be able to look under the car and see that the rotors have this swirling finish on them. I was taught this in automotive school. (proves its a good school) I would shudder to think that there might be auto shops out there that aren't applying this crucial step. Thanks for letting us know.

Bill Cravener

A good friend of mine had the brake pad chatter or loud clicking sound when applying his brakes. Sure enough, when he had his rotors turned at a reputable garage they did not do the swirl thing.

My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat