News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Banff

Started by donkey, June 28, 2011, 03:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donkey

Sitting here on the balcony at a hotel in Banff, Alberta with my laptop and a bucket full of ice with beer in it. The view from the patio is awesome, wish my camera hadn't been ripped off but if you google Mt Rundle thats what dominates the scenery. Three more days here then back home for a day and off to Vancouver for Canada Day weekend.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

dedndave

sounds nice, Edgar

GregL

Donkey,

I have been to Banff and it is a beautiful place.  We went on up to Jasper over the next week or two when we were there.  We made the trip with a camper.  What a wonderful trip that was, I'll always remember it.  The Canadian Rockies are great place to visit.

hutch--

Edgar,

Sounds like you are doing it tough at the moment.  :bg

Hope you are enjoying yourself.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

baltoro

Thanks, EDGAR, for torturing us,...you should do that more often,...
View from the Summit of Mount Rundle
Baltoro

GregL

This is what sticks out in my mind about Banff.

KeepingRealBusy

Donkey,

Jasper is also quite beautiful, and not too far north of Bannf. Had a beautiful vacation there about 10 years ago.

Dave.

raymond

Quote from: baltoro on June 28, 2011, 03:51:09 PM
Thanks, EDGAR, for torturing us,...you should do that more often,...
View from the Summit of Mount Rundle

I lived in Calgary for a few years and had the opportunity to visit all those wonders.

What has always amazed me is that those peaks are made of sedimentary rock. Which means that the area used to be at the bottom of an ocean at some time in the distant past before it was heaved up by some gigantic force! It must have been quite an earthquake. :dazzled:
When you assume something, you risk being wrong half the time
http://www.ray.masmcode.com

donkey

Quote from: GregL on June 28, 2011, 05:20:47 PM
This is what sticks out in my mind about Banff.

Hi Greg,

That's the Banff Springs Hotel, that is exactly the hotel I'm staying in. Awesome hotel and probably the best view of any in Banff. Unfortunately I'm here for work so my mobility is limited but next week (after the Canada Day weekend) I will most likely be in Revelstoke which is easily as beautiful.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

GregL

Donkey,

I wondered if that's where you were staying. You lucky bum.

donkey

Quote from: GregL on June 29, 2011, 03:42:34 AM
Donkey,

I wondered if that's where you were staying. You lucky bum.

Well, the company covers the first $200 per night so that leaves me a bill for $100 per night to cover the difference, its certainly not a budget hotel but I have a full suite for $299 per night and it is seriously worth it. There's nothing like staying in a good hotel, the Super 8's are fine but if I'm staying for more than 3 or 4 days and it doesn't break me I'll take the best one in town, after all you only live once so you might as well taste a bit of luxury.
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

baltoro

Hey, EDGAR,...I've got a question for you:
Is Kananaskis Provincial Park as fabulous as Banff National Park ???

View from the summit of Mount Buller, 9202 feet. Mount Buller

Baltoro

raymond

QuoteIs Kananaskis Provincial Park as fabulous as Banff National Park ???

It has two gorgeous 18-hole championship public golf courses. I have to assume they still belong to, and are maintained by, the park.
When you assume something, you risk being wrong half the time
http://www.ray.masmcode.com

baltoro

Hey, Raymond,
I don't play golf,...but,...it might be fun to ride around in a golf cart,...at high speed,...recklessly,...terrorizing the moose,...
Baltoro

donkey

Hi baltoro,

I've spent quite a bit of time in both parks and its hard to pick a favorite, Kananaskis and Banff are both beautiful, My preference is for Yoho national park, just down the road a little from the two. Yoho is less developed and more rugged than them.
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable