News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Batch File Programming

Started by baltoro, August 25, 2011, 08:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baltoro

Awhile back in some MASM thread discussion,...Hutch made a comment about batch files (Here),...and, having no idea what he meant,...I asked about it. Apparently, Raymond Chen has spies that are monitoring the MASM Forum for juicy programming tidbits,...because, today in his blog he reveals some really ancient intel about StdIn: Stupid Command-Line Trick: Counting the Number of Lines in StdIn
...And, here's something I didn't know:
Quote from: RAYMOND CHEN...And back then (1982), pretty much all of MS-DOS was written in assembly language,...
Of course, there's an awful lot of stuff I don't know,...
Although, Dave's clearly the front-runner in this catagory,...I'm a close second,... :eek

EDIT: Corrected date above.
Baltoro

raleeper

Thanks for the references.  Not useless.  Solidified my understanding of the ExitProcess return value.

Thanks, Robert

clive

Quote from: baltoro on August 25, 2011, 08:52:32 PM
...And, here's something I didn't know:
Quote from: RAYMOND CHEN...And back then (1082), pretty much all of MS-DOS was written in assembly language,...

Either you pasted that wrong, or he corrected it later, cause I'm pretty sure we weren't using MS-DOS 16 years after the Norman Conquest. Anyway made me laugh. I thought they programmed it using some rich tapestry.

It could be a random act of randomness. Those happen a lot as well.

baltoro

Ha,...Ha,...
This is the main reason I'm such a crappy programmer,...typos,... :eek
Baltoro

dedndave

i get the impression that Clive was present at that little party
he probably programmed their GPS, which would account for the defeat of the Brits   :bg

hutch--

:bg

I imagine the problem was Harold Godwinson was still developing his guidance systems in Motorola 68k assembler while William was using C++.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php