MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

PS: Made 63 today. :)

Started by hutch--, June 18, 2011, 04:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

anunitu,

Seems you only lead me by a year but interestingly enough we have very similar approaches to keeping fit, never stop working (physical work) and in my own case never overeat. I manage a waistline of 36 inches and that came from going to the gym for a year about 10 years ago to fix a problem. I used to have a 32 inch waist but after a year on a leg press machine daily I developed a muscle bulge either side of my guts that thickened me up a bit. Apart from the work i am doing on the house I ride a pushbike regularly and have done so for over 50 years and that hellps to keep you reasonably fit.

I have never trusted Stanford/Binet testing (IQ Tests) but my head is heavy enough to knock in nails so it will do the job.  :bg
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

anunitu

I think the reason I am in pretty good health for my age goes back to the physical stuff. It seems I am in better health than about 90 percent of people my age. I do suffer from Rumatoid arthritis, and that gets to me sometimes, because I like working with my hands. Some times it gets bad enough so my hands lock up. I love computers and programming because it keeps my mind sharp.
Favorite games are RPG's. You have to solve a lot of puzzles and navagate. Average playing time to complete my favorite RPG(final Fantasy,playing FF10 right now) runs about 2-3 months playing 5 hours a day.

anunitu

As to the I.Q thing, they tend to be culture based, I much prefer a test that can measure your ability to visulize and something like pure math,where it measures your ability to extrapolate using Mathamatical theory.

MichaelW

Quote from: hutch-- on June 20, 2011, 11:41:49 PM
I used to have a 32 inch waist but after a year on a leg press machine daily I developed a muscle bulge either side of my guts that thickened me up a bit.

The term "muscle bulge" never occurred to me, I could have used that. Here we call them "love handles" :bg
eschew obfuscation

dedndave

...or sometimes a "dicky-do"
because it sticks out farther than my dicky do   :lol

hutch--

:bg

> The term "muscle bulge" never occurred to me, I could have used that. Here we call them "love handles"

That would be easy to fix, you just run the extra tub off, as usual when I PHUK something up, I do it well. When you use a leg press machine you sit in a cradle and press heavy weights upwards with your legs. I got the muscle back into my legs but picked up the extra bulge either side of my guts as well, strangely enough its harder to remove muscle than a fat guts.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

zemtex

Quote from: hutch-- on June 21, 2011, 08:10:43 AM
:bg

> The term "muscle bulge" never occurred to me, I could have used that. Here we call them "love handles"

That would be easy to fix, you just run the extra tub off, as usual when I PHUK something up, I do it well. When you use a leg press machine you sit in a cradle and press heavy weights upwards with your legs. I got the muscle back into my legs but picked up the extra bulge either side of my guts as well, strangely enough its harder to remove muscle than a fat guts.

A strong underbody will also give strength to your upper body. When you pick up heavy stuff you use alot of back muscles, leg muscles, lats and also forearms. Way too many people neglect underbody training, for the most part I see people doing benchpress and nothing but bench press.
I have been puzzling with lego bricks all my life. I know how to do this. When Peter, at age 6 is competing with me, I find it extremely neccessary to show him that I can puzzle bricks better than him, because he is so damn talented that all that is called rational has gone haywire.