MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Technology is Turning Us Into Zombies

Started by baltoro, June 28, 2011, 08:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baltoro

Baltoro

anunitu

can't argue with that Baloro..wonder what happens when we run out of juice for all our gadgets?

zemtex

Thats the thing, we never were smarter than our phones, sure we knew how to handle the interface, "pick up phone, push a few buttons" and we will always learn how to use an interface. The end user will never have all the problems, it is the education system that will have all the problems. They have to keep splitting up each education field into several sub layers in order to keep everything manageable.

We never were smarter than anything, not even in the 40's were people smarter than anything. They had complex technology back then that the general public had no idea what was about. We will always have many fields that will be difficult to understand for most people.

I might add that it is more of a question of you becoming older than it is "turning into zombies". The first question should be "are you getting older", not "are we turning into zombies".  :bdg Evolution will always surprise us, is that strange, are we not prepared for a change.

However I agree that the world is becoming very zombie-like. Everyone carries this little thing, mobile phone and pushing buttons. Watch an old movie like James Bond from the 70's, you get a feeling what it was like when people were "normal" or "normal" in a different generation people. :bg
I have been puzzling with lego bricks all my life. I know how to do this. When Peter, at age 6 is competing with me, I find it extremely neccessary to show him that I can puzzle bricks better than him, because he is so damn talented that all that is called rational has gone haywire.

hutch--

I hate gadgets, the last land line phone I had to replace was replaced with a standard Telstra handset with buttons on it and no other crap. It doesn't need a power pack and keeps working if there is a power outage. i would have hunted for a true dialup phone if they still made them.   :P
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

zemtex

Too many gadgets is a plague. Gadgets is the result of our economical system, we probably don't need half of the gadgets they produce.
I have been puzzling with lego bricks all my life. I know how to do this. When Peter, at age 6 is competing with me, I find it extremely neccessary to show him that I can puzzle bricks better than him, because he is so damn talented that all that is called rational has gone haywire.