MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Chomsky on killing Bin Laden.

Started by hutch--, June 02, 2011, 01:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

Noam Chomsky: My Reaction to Osama bin Laden's Death

http://www.guernicamag.com/blog/2652/noam_chomsky_my_reaction_to_os/

I confess I have always like Noam Chomsky, he has that interesting capacity to say it as he sees it.

We might ask ourselves how we would be reacting if Iraqi commandos landed at George W. Bush's compound, assassinated him, and dumped his body in the Atlantic.

It's like naming our murder weapons after victims of our crimes: Apache, Tomahawk... It's as if the Luftwaffe were to call its fighter planes "Jew" and "Gypsy."

Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

vanjast

Maybe Bush, Obama and a few of their cronies, can join MLadic in the Hague.

To quote Rafiki: "It is time"
:8)

Bill Cravener

I really don't believe bin Laden was dumped in the Atlantic or any other body of water for that matter. If we did kill him its more likely his body was cryogenically frozen and is being stored on some military base for future examination where it will one day be sliced and diced for science to study. On the other hand it would not surprise me that we captured him alive and the place were he might be incarcerated we common folk will never know.

My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

zemtex

They didn't have to kill the man, they could easily have stunned him with a stun gun. There is no reason to believe he is still alive, but it is possible they have captured him alive. Why would they want to kill him, he is worth absolutely nothing as a dead man and has an absolute worth alive.

If they say in public he is alive, the terrorists would revenge him even more, I think they are lying. If they say he is alive in public, al qaida would change plans too, then the information they could get off bin laden would be worthless.

"Dropped in the atlantic"  :lol
A very good way to keep his capture secret
I have been puzzling with lego bricks all my life. I know how to do this. When Peter, at age 6 is competing with me, I find it extremely neccessary to show him that I can puzzle bricks better than him, because he is so damn talented that all that is called rational has gone haywire.

asmGhost

Quote from: zemtex on June 05, 2011, 04:59:47 AM
They didn't have to kill the man, they could easily have stunned him with a stun gun. There is no reason to believe he is still alive, but it is possible they have captured him alive. Why would they want to kill him, he is worth absolutely nothing as a dead man and has an absolute worth alive.

If they say in public he is alive, the terrorists would revenge him even more, I think they are lying. If they say he is alive in public, al qaida would change plans too, then the information they could get off bin laden would be worthless.

Obama has a very good reason to kill Bin Laden, in his democratic mind it scores political points for him and his party, coming up on a very difficult election cycle.
With high unemployment, deficits and energy costs he has at least this bragging point.
Conservatives would have wanted him alive for the intelligence, liberals wanted him dead for the bragging rights.

zemtex

Quote from: asmGhost on June 05, 2011, 07:16:29 AM
Quote from: zemtex on June 05, 2011, 04:59:47 AM

Obama has a very good reason to kill Bin Laden, in his democratic mind it scores political points for him and his party, coming up on a very difficult election cycle.
With high unemployment, deficits and energy costs he has at least this bragging point.
Conservatives would have wanted him alive for the intelligence, liberals wanted him dead for the bragging rights.

He got the score anyway, didnt he  :bg
The question is, is he really dead anyway. But he got the score  :lol
I have been puzzling with lego bricks all my life. I know how to do this. When Peter, at age 6 is competing with me, I find it extremely neccessary to show him that I can puzzle bricks better than him, because he is so damn talented that all that is called rational has gone haywire.

anunitu

There is a very interesting fact concerning Osama(sp). right after we entered Afganistan they cornered Osama, had him dead to rights.
I watched a news special,where a Man that was in a special ops team, said that when they asked if they could take the shot(they had him in their sights, it came down from the top to abort, and NOT persue their target.

hutch--

:bg

This is the catch, without the body he could be living in New York as Yahudi Ben Gaddafi without anyone knowing who he was. While I doubt it is true, the lack of proof makes it very unreliable. I personally hope it succeeds in getting Obama re-elected a the alternative is not very palatable.

Al Queda is using some American convert as their mouthpiece these days and he is a far greater risk than Bin Laden ever was, he is easy to understand and sadly makes sense in much of what he says where Bin Laden sounded like a loonie past his use by date.

I wonder who the next bad guy is going to be, Gadaffi looks like an old fool, Arafat is dead, poor old Kim Jong is being held together with band-aids and Syria's Assad is not handsome enough. The crazy Ayotollahs are sounding a bit passe these days so I wonder who will be next ? Perhaps one of the girls, instead of some dude with a Texan accent and a tea-towel wrapped around his head you could get a buxome bag of tits and arse, put her in very short fatigues and let her loose on the unsuspecting world. With all of that "virtue" she could be blamed for leading the youth of the world astray and be rated as an even bigger threat than Bin Laden.

Now that Baltoro is not running for President I have a sliding scale of support, Obama first, Paris Hilton next and if they both fail we can alays go back to Alfred E. Newman, as long as we don't end up with Sarah Dumbcluck.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php