This is Why California Is So Cool

Started by baltoro, May 25, 2011, 07:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedndave

that might not be so bad
but, if i get grounds in my mouth, i have to spit, spit, spit em out - lol

MichaelW

Dave,

So your Arizona so-called cowboys stir their coffee with their pinky waving around (pinky finger that is)?
eschew obfuscation

dedndave

:bg
i doubt they stir it at all
i have known a few real cowboys, and they'll drink anything
not the same as the guys with 4-wheel drive trucks that have no mud on em
they have the nice clean stetson hats with bands and feathers - those are "dudes" or "stonies"

vanjast

Quote from: dedndave on May 29, 2011, 12:47:56 PM
not the same as the guys with 4-wheel drive trucks that have no mud on em
You talk about this... :P
I worked with a guy from Jhb who ran a business making 'moron's' 4x4s, dirty on Monday mornings.
I fell off my chair, but he said these wooses were so desperate about their 'cowboy' and 4x4 country trailing image that that they'd come to his garage for a messup, so that they'll look good when they arrived at the office. He had a very large tank of mud.  :eek

anunitu

I once met a REAL Cowboy, the forrows on his face you could strike a match on, his truly beat up cowboy hat had seen rain,mud,most likely a little Cow Sh*t..among other things. This was the first REAL cow puncher I ever met..You can't fake what this guy lived everyday.

baltoro

I've met lots of real cowboys,...but, not in California,...in Wyoming. They are the antithesis of surfers,...
Generally, they have these incredible egos,...and, what is the coolest thing a cowboy can do to prove his worthiness ???
BULL RIDING.
It's completely insane. But, alot of fun, if you're in the audience.
And, the tradition is to do it drunk (it's less painful when the bull tramples you afterward).
But,...one summer,...this softspoken, unknown cowboy shows up at the local rodeo,...and, he was the best bull rider in the galaxy. It was an amazing thing to watch him ride.
This guy was totally fearless,...and, completely psychic (as far as angry bulls go).
...But, most of them get hammered tragically.
:eek ...I'd like to see Charlie Sheen ride a bull,...a vicious, demented bull, named,...REHAB,... :eek
Baltoro

hutch--

We have a similar flavour to "cowboy" in "stockmen", usually cantankerous old bastards, as tough as nails, done it tough, highly independent "get the job done" men. Their nick is "cow cockey" (cockatoo sitting on a fence post watching cows). In comparison the 4WD brigade are a bunch of poofters trying to look like something they never were. here you can do it in a pair of R.M.Williams jeans, an Akubra hat and R.M.Williams boots so you can look like a cow cockey who has hit town in his sunday best but its not hard to tell the difference, real cow cockeys have dirt under their fingernails, cow sh*t on their boots and are not noted for the conversational skills.  :P
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php