News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Debugging Events

Started by FlySky, June 02, 2011, 01:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlySky

I am in the middle of trying some code iczelion wrote about creating a debugging engine.

I've got a question about the following:

MASM uses:

dbevent.u.Exception.pExceptionRecord.ExceptionCode==EXCEPTION_BREAKPOINT

How would that be used in GoASM:

[dbevent.u.Exception.pExceptionRecord.ExceptionCode],EXCEPTION_BREAKPOINT

The problem is that it's giving the following error with EasyCode:

The following symbol was not defined in the object file or files:-
dbevent.u.Exception.pExceptionRecord.ExceptionCode

best regards,

FlySky

drizz

My wild guess would be that donkey didn't go inventing field names and that it's actually the same as defined by MS.
That would be "ExceptionRecord" without "p".

The truth cannot be learned ... it can only be recognized.

donkey

Hi FlySky,

Sorry that I am unable to answer your question right now as I have no access to the GoAsm headers. However, the pExceptionRecord looks like it might not be correct. Check the DEBUG_EVENT and EXCEPTION_DEBUG_INFO structures at MSDN to make sure that you are not using a "modified" MASM32 member name. The member names in the GoAsm headers will match the names at MSDN.

I should be returning home in a couple of weeks, at that time I will once again have access to my development machine and can answer more precisely.

Edgar
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

FlySky

No worries Donkey. Drizz pointed it out aswell.

Iczelion is using a modified MASM member name yeah. Your header file is indeed using the members names MSDN is using aswell.

It's all working fine now.

donkey

Good to hear you got it working FlySky, I'm back from BC so I have access to my dev machine again. As Drizz said, all definitions in the GoAsm headers will exactly match those at MSDN with only a couple of exceptions and those are documented in windows.h.

Edgar
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable