cli/srv app using winsockets to share/send files over lan

Started by mkarwin, May 16, 2005, 09:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkarwin

sorry for bothering you, but as always there is something i don't know how to do. as a c/c++ programmer (beginer to moderate) i have quite a difficulty to write anything under asm, because c is faster and easier to write. however my teachers do not believe so (some of you might think that too). they ordered everyone to write an app - the client/server structure - to send/share files and directories over lan. i've already made the interface (of course using the winapi ;-) ) yet when it comes to sending/receiving data (files/folders) i have no idea what to start with... i think that it would be wise to use the tandem of tcp/ip+winsockets but i don't have any idea how... i've tried, and i believe i've already created socket well (bound to port #13731), but i'm not sure 'causewhen trying to connect through another of my apps (written under c, easy-pickings ;-) ) already tested to be good and working doesn't work. i'd be glad for any snippet or help you may offer.

;-) of course i wouldn't mind if you wrote the whole working "telecommunication subsystem" - creating sockets + functions of sending/receiving ;-)

Tedd

If you have something working in C, then it should be quite straightforward to convert (as far as the api calls are concerned, anyway.)
Feel free to post code that doesn't work and someone is likely to point out the mistakes :wink
No snowflake in an avalanche feels responsible.

sluggy

Go back and read the "no homework" rule. That also means "don't ask us to write stuff for you".

Feel free to post when you have *specific* questions.