MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Macro tutorial

Started by zemtex, February 21, 2011, 12:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zemtex

Howdy.

Is there a good masm macro tutorial available somewhere? It do not have to be very extensive, covering the most important aspects is good enough for me? In fact, the shorter it is the better.
I have been puzzling with lego bricks all my life. I know how to do this. When Peter, at age 6 is competing with me, I find it extremely neccessary to show him that I can puzzle bricks better than him, because he is so damn talented that all that is called rational has gone haywire.

GregL

The best thing I know of is "The MASM Programmer's Guide" chapter 9 - Macros.

Here is a link to a CHM version. You can find it in PDF and Word format too.

[edit] This is interesting, an executable version.

zemtex

I had a similar dos executable for tasm in the 90's, this is a good, very good thing to have.  :U

Also very clean.
I have been puzzling with lego bricks all my life. I know how to do this. When Peter, at age 6 is competing with me, I find it extremely neccessary to show him that I can puzzle bricks better than him, because he is so damn talented that all that is called rational has gone haywire.

GregL

zemtex,

Yeah, the executable version works pretty well.

If you haven't already, you could also take a look at the MASM32 macros, they're in the /macros folder.

Magnum

Thanks GregL for the executable version.
Have a great day,
                         Andy

jj2007

Before I launch the executable: Does anybody know who is behind chitay.org??

QuoteWelcome!

Dear SO, our site contains reading material difference to you.
All online, no need to download and install!
All for you, you just read FES!

Specifications HTML - A complete guide.
A Complete Guide to C - Herbert Shildt.
Masm Programmer's Guide (offline)
Great Encyclopedia of massage with illustrations.
Wiki - Gromov, VI, Vasilev, GA
Houseplants - guide to choosing and caring.
Tricks with illustrations - Mark Wilson.

GregL

Quote from: jj2007Before I launch the executable: Does anybody know who is behind chitay.org??

I don't.  I understand your reluctance to run it.  I scanned it with Microsoft Security Essentials before I ran it.  The .exe file was created with Help & Manual.

zemtex

This is a good thing to have http://www.sandboxie.com/  Although it is not a substitution for internet wit  :bdg

dedndave

back to the original subject - lol
the file \masm32\macros\macros.asm has a few macros in it   :P
it is simple to study because you can easily run test code - and they are documented in \masm32\help

zemtex

I appreciate the responses. I have found my sources now.  :U