News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Could not find file

Started by Manos, March 07, 2011, 09:43:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manos

GoRC is a very good and fast RC Compiler.
But, I think, it has a problem with paths.
I found a problem when I use GoRC in my IDE, named Coder's Studio.
When I compile the .rc file with GoRC in a MDI project, I take the follow:

Line 27 of Resource Script (C:\MyProjects\Project1\Project1.RC):-
Could not find file:-
Res/Toolbar.bmp

The Toolbar.bmp is included in the subfolder Res.

If I use MS RC or PoRC, no problem.

Manos.

wjr

At first I thought you should use a backslash and remove the trailing period, but that doesn't appear to be the problem...

I get GoRC working fine with a Res subfolder when building from a batch file run from within the Project1 folder.

You are supplying the full path name of the RC file to GoRC. Within the RC file, from the documentation, "unless the file is in the current directory, the full path should be given". You are not using the full path of the resource in the RC file, so does your IDE set the current directory to "C:\MyProjects\Project1"?

Manos

No.

I use the full path of the resource for the RC file.

Manos.

donkey

Well, the path in the error is "Res/Toolbar.bmp." which is a relative path, if that's the case the IDE is probably not setting the directory to the project folder. The relative paths in resource scripts work fine as long as they are relative to the current directory.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Manos

This is the Command line:

C:\Bin\GoRC.exe /v /Fo C:\MyProjects\Project1\Release\Project1.res C:\MyProjects\Project1\Project1.rc

Manos.

jj2007

Your commandline does not set the current folder to C:\MyProjects\Project1\Release or C:\MyProjects\Project1
Try setting the full path inside the rc file, and note that you need double backslashes
\\MyProjects\\Project1\\Res\\Toolbar.bmp

dedndave

hiya Manos

as far as i can see, the GoRc program does not provide for seperate path/file specs
http://www.godevtool.com/ResourceFrame.htm

you might try letting it build in "whatever" directory, then moving the result file with batch commands

Ramon Sala

Hi Manos,

When Easy Code GoAsm compiles resources using GoRC, it first sets the current directory to the folder where the ".rc" file is. After running GoRC and the file has been compiled, the resultant ".RES" file is moved to the appropiate folder.

Regards,

Ramon
Greetings from Catalonia

Manos

You are right Ramon.

I thinked this, but because my IDE support more than one Assemblers, Linkers and
RC Compilers, it is a little difficult to combinate all together.

Manos.

Ramon Sala

Hi Manos,

Yes, it is quite difficult to combine different assemblers, linkers and RC compilers. Some day I would like to remake Easy Code to support all known assemblers, but there are only 24 hours a day.

Ramon
Greetings from Catalonia

Manos

Quote from: Ramon Sala on March 08, 2011, 08:42:06 AM
Hi Manos,

Yes, it is quite difficult to combine different assemblers, linkers and RC compilers. Some day I would like to remake Easy Code to support all known assemblers, but there are only 24 hours a day.

Ramon

This is the reason that I support MASM compatible Assemblers only.

Manos.