for all the linker options, use

link /help

that gives you a list of switches to get help on various parts of the linker

for the link function, use

link /link

or

link /?

jj2007

Dave, ever noticed that this doesn't work with later versions of link.exe?

BogdanOntanu

Quote from: dedndave on January 01, 2011, 04:55:27 PM
yah, boggie - this is definately a "misc project" - not a campus subject

Well, his original message (the one that I saw when I decided to move the thread was about an C++ project/program with no ASM code or relation whatsoever (oh well it looked like plain C not C++ to me).

Then his question was IF we know why the GNU GCC compiler inserts a certain "aligncomm" directive or something like that  inside a special section the OBJ created (I assume it was about ELF obj format on Linux/Unix).

Now please tell me what was the better location for an C++ project with no ASM connections, asking about why the GCC compiler does something to the generated OBJ file :D ?

Initially (by mistake) I have moved the topic to the Soap Box.

Then I have reconsidered because this was still related to programming and The Soap Box mentioned "non programming" topics as it's target.

As much as we would like to ... this board's Campus sub forum does not intend to teach C++ arcane issues with GCC on Unix / Linux ...

I think it intends to teach / help ASM issues with MASM, JWASM, Goasm and other compatible x86 assemblers on Win32 and Win64 platforms mainly (i guess Unix /Linux and other OSes are acceptable also as long as it is ASM related).

Ambition is a lame excuse for the ones not brave enough to be lazy.
http://www.oby.ro

clive

Quote from: triStoneL
Ignore this.

Please don't edit posts in this manner.
It could be a random act of randomness. Those happen a lot as well.