News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

RadHelp and XPSP2 SDK

Started by donkey, March 17, 2005, 05:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donkey

For those of you who have downloaded the new SDK from MSDN for XP SP2, if you want to use it with RadASM the command line to enter in RadHelp is...

ms-help://ms.psdkxpsp2.1033

You would normally enter this for the winapi field and perhaps the default field as well. It will give you access to the most up to date API reference available...

MSDN SDK Update

Note that you need H2Viewer resident in the AddIns folder in order to use HTML Help2 files with RadASM, it can be downloaded at the following URL...

http://helpware.net/mshelp2/h2viewer.htm

The application is free for personal use. You have only to copy the executable to the AddIns folder, the rest of the files are not required.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Shantanu Gadgil

the method works for the July 2004 MSDN too :bg using:

ms-help://ms.msdnqtr.2004jul.1033

How can I start up the MSDN for only a particular topic, say "Windows Management". I am asking because many a times pressing F1 in RadASM takes me to CE .NET help or sometime C++ help section.

Any method of disabling sections or sending appropriate commandline from RadASM, the ms-help:...thing so that the correct topic will start ?
To ret is human, to jmp divine!

Shantanu Gadgil

please...could anyone help me with the problem:

sending a formatted string to H2Viewer so that it searches only in particular topic IDs or skips a particular topic ID
To ret is human, to jmp divine!

xanatose

To make the program have only one instance and jump to the keyword in the index you can do the following:

1. Open the RadHelp project file
2. Open the file OpenHelp.asm
3. Change the line

invoke lstrcat,ADDR clbuffer,CTEXT(" /filterquery /keyword ",'"',"K$") ; 22h,4bh,24h == "K$

to

invoke lstrcat,ADDR clbuffer,CTEXT('" /appid rad /index "')

Alternative, If you want to  limit the search to ONLY to the Platform SDK you can instead change to:

invoke lstrcat,ADDR clbuffer,CTEXT('" /appid rad /filtername "Platform SDK" /index "')

4. Rebuild the DLL
5. Exit RadAsm
6. Copy the DLL to the Addins directory.
7. Restart RadAsm

Now every time you hit F1 on a keyword, you will be taken to the index. (Just like in VC++)