Setting up debugger problem in RadASM 3.x

Started by Shooter, December 09, 2010, 01:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shooter

RadASM 3.0.0.7i fixed the "..." button I was having problems with, but I'm still having other problems. In order for me to actually get a debugged compiled version I had to copy the strings from the debug release to the standard release. Not sure why I can't get it to work still.

-Shooter
Never use direct references to anything ever. Bury everything in
macros. Bury the macros in include files. Reference those include
files indirectly from other include files. Use macros to reference
those include files.

donkey

Hi Shooter,

This may seem like a dumb question but after you add the debug build type in Project Options and before you build the project you do select the build type on the toolbar right ? The drop down combo box at the end of the toolbar is where you select how you want to build the project, it contains the build types you added in Project Options.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Shooter

Quote from: donkey on January 05, 2011, 06:39:54 AM
This may seem like a dumb question but after you add the debug build type in Project Options and before you build the project you do select the build type on the toolbar right ? The drop down combo box at the end of the toolbar is where you select how you want to build the project, it contains the build types you added in Project Options.

As a point of clarification, would you mind providing a screen shot as to this?

Thanks,
-Shooter
those include files.

donkey

My RadAsm 3 is heavily modified through addins that I'm testing, it won't look much like yours. The drop down combo is on the end of the main toolbar and should say "Windows Release" at startup. Press the down arrow and you will find a number of different build types that were added in the project options dialog. Select the build type you want to use and then Make:Build the project.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Shooter

Quote from: donkey on January 05, 2011, 10:59:35 PM
My RadAsm 3 is heavily modified through addins that I'm testing, it won't look much like yours. The drop down combo is on the end of the main toolbar and should say "Windows Release" at startup. Press the down arrow and you will find a number of different build types that were added in the project options dialog. Select the build type you want to use and then Make:Build the project.

To tell the truth, I'd forgotten about it since 3.0.0.7g. I just tried it again and all seems to work as it should. Thanks for reminding me about it.
those include files.

donkey

Quote from: Shooter on January 06, 2011, 12:21:48 AM
Thanks for reminding me about it.

You're welcome. I've been using RadAsm since the days of 1.x and there are times that I forget how to do certain things, it has to be exponentially more frustrating for a new user to try to remember all the ins and outs of the IDE. It's a large complex program but once you get a few things down its hard to find one more powerful.
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Shooter

Quote from: donkey on January 06, 2011, 03:52:12 AM
You're welcome. I've been using RadAsm since the days of 1.x and there are times that I forget how to do certain things, it has to be exponentially more frustrating for a new user to try to remember all the ins and outs of the IDE. It's a large complex program but once you get a few things down its hard to find one more powerful.

Haha, no doubt.

Two questions:
1) It was mentioned in another thread about an addin to make RadASM launch a debugger that automatically load the current executable... how's that done? Addin's are completely new to me.

2) What is VKim?
Thanks,
-Shooter
those include files.

donkey

Quote from: Shooter on January 06, 2011, 06:39:34 AM
1) It was mentioned in another thread about an addin to make RadASM launch a debugger that automatically load the current executable... how's that done? Addin's are completely new to me.

Not sure what you're talking about here, if its VKim's, that's not what it does. Its an inline debugging tool.

Quote2) What is VKim?

Who is Vkim. A programmer who wrote an excellent debugging tool. It's been a while since he has hung around the boards though, a few years at least.
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable