RadASM 3.0.0.7g Install or Setup problem?? (Solved)

Started by Shooter, December 05, 2010, 12:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shooter

To all,
I downloaded and 'installed' RadASM version 3.0.0.7g to my E:\Program Files\ directory today, placed MASM32 into the root directory of RadASM, but can't get any of the examples of MASM, MASM32, or GoASM to compile without some sort of an error. I've attached some screen-shots to show the paths (title bar) and error dialog in hopes that someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

(Note: MASM32 folder does not contain any .prra files to build a project on with RadASM 3x.)

Many thanks,
-Shooter

ref: https://fbedit.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/fbedit/RadASM30/Release/RadASM.zip
ref: http://website.assemblercode.com/masm32/m32v10r.zip
Never use direct references to anything ever. Bury everything in
macros. Bury the macros in include files. Reference those include
files indirectly from other include files. Use macros to reference
those include files.

donkey

Be sure to set the following option:

Option:Environment >path

If you have the following folder structure:

\Radasm
     \GoAsmBin
         GoAsm.exe
         Gorc.exe
         GoLink.exe

you would set the path variable to

$A\GoAsmBin

Also to build GoAsm projects you should use the headers available at my website:

http://www.quickersoft.com/donkey/headers/headers.zip

Unzip them to a separate folder and add the environment variable "include" with the path. See Windows.h for more details.

Edgar
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Shooter

Edgar,
I've added your header files into "E:\Program Files\RadASM\Headers" and checked the paths, but I'm not sure if they're pointed in the right location. I've snapped a few more pics to see if I got things set correctly. I will state that so far, there's been no change... still getting errors.

Also, while the 'error dialog' is displayed, Windows Task Manager reports that RadASM is utilizing nearly 100% of the CPU processing time.

-Shooter
those include files.

donkey

Hi Shooter,

PM me your email address, I will send all the files necessary to build GoAsm and MASM applications.

Edgar
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Shooter

Edgar,
That certainly made a difference. Now I'm trying to track down why the GoASM DialogBox sample project is having issues compiling. I'll keep tinkering with it unless you know something right off the top of your head about this.

.Output
GoRC /r "DialogBox.Rc"

GoRC.Exe Version 0.90.4 - Copyright Jeremy Gordon 1998/2009 - JG@JGnet.co.uk
Output file: DialogBox.res

GoAsm /c "DialogBox.Asm"

GoAsm.Exe Version 0.56.8 - Copyright Jeremy Gordon 2001/9 - JG@JGnet.co.uk
Output file: DialogBox.obj

GoLink /entry Start @"E:\Program Files\RadASM\GoAsm\GFL.txt" "DialogBox.obj"  "DialogBox.res"

GoLink.Exe Version 0.26.10 - Copyright Jeremy Gordon 2002/9 - JG@JGnet.co.uk

Error!
The following symbol was not defined in the object file or files:-
ModuleProc
Output file not made

Error(s) occured.

.End Output

Thank you very much. You are indeed one knowledgeable assembler. ;)
-Shooter

Ref: \RadASM\GoAsm\Projects\DialogBox\

PS. Just an FYI to whomever, 'occured' is spelled 'occurred'. (I'm not trying to push anyone's buttons.)
those include files.

donkey

Hi Shooter,

Unrelated to your problem remove glf.txt and entry start from the golink command line. It should look like this in project:project options. Do the same in Options:Make Options. GFL.txt is no longer necessary to build GoASM programs, that is a leftover from RadAsm 2.x

Link:
$C $M $R

Start is the default entry point for GoAsm so it does not need to be specified.

There is a call  or reference in your code to a procedure that cannot be found (ModuleProc). This is not an issue with GoAsm or GoLink. If the call exists in a static library you must tell GoAsm where it is I usually use #defines for this purpose : #define ModuleProc SomeStatLib.lib:ModuleProc. Could you email me the project folder (complete) and I will take a look at it.

re:occured - Ketil is not a native English speaker and although he has an excellent command of English we have to allow him the occasional slip ;)

Edgar
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

donkey

Hi Shooter,

I will convert the 2.x templates tonight and upload them, they are better to start out with.

Edgar
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Shooter

Quote from: donkey on December 05, 2010, 02:41:10 AM
Could you email me the project folder (complete) and I will take a look at it.

Sure. See the attached .zip file. I started poking around trying to find how to fix it, but without knowing the intention of the original author, I could spend a long time sorting it out (good for 'training', but bad for the nerves. lol).

Quote from: donkey on December 05, 2010, 02:41:10 AM
re:occured - Ketil is not a native English speaker and although he has an excellent command of English we have to allow him the occasional slip ;)

Haha. Well, I can't point any fingers... I have those problems from time to time. Does he have a special sub-forum for little things like spelling errors and what not? I'd hate to post these sorts of things on his "RadASM 3.0 bugtest" forum.  I found another one and snapped a pic of it with red circles around the 'errors'. lol
those include files.

donkey

I'll take a look at your problem a bit later, too long sitting at the keyboard already today. Here's a few templates for you though. Unzip them into \RadAsm\GoAsm\Templates and when you create a project you can select them via the Template tab.

Edgar
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

donkey

Well, I couldn't leave you hanging...

3 problems:

1: As I said above remove GFL.txt and /entry from the link command line (see above for instructions)

2: You need to add #define LINKFILES before you include Windows.h (you should also define a windows version see windows.h for help)

3: In WM_COMMAND you have the line INVOKE ModuleProc,[hwnd] but there is no procedure named ModuleProc.

Edgar
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Shooter

Quote from: donkey on December 05, 2010, 05:11:12 AM
1: As I said above remove GFL.txt and /entry from the link command line (see above for instructions)

Done.

2: You need to add #define LINKFILES before you include Windows.h (you should also define a windows version see windows.h for help)

#define LINKFILES took care of the extra errors caused by #1 above (see my email for pics illustrating those errors).

3: In WM_COMMAND you have the line INVOKE ModuleProc,[hwnd] but there is no procedure named ModuleProc.

Yeah, on this one I'm guessing that the original author intended to create a procedure to handle the Button Click but never completed it. I guess that leaves it open for me to figure something out, huh?

Many thanks for all of your help. You gave me a lot of stuff and tweaks that weren't in the original RadASM 3.0.0.7g.zip file just to make it work with the sample files... were those oversights from Ketil?

-Shooter
those include files.

donkey

Hi Shooter,

Glad you're up and running  :U

Quote...were those oversights from Ketil?

No not oversights, RadAsm 3 is still in bugtest mode, I have not got around to packaging a complete GoAsm implementation for it since I haven't got mine running perfectly yet. Rest assured that when Ketil decides to call it a release version it will function a lot smoother. But for now when I need something I either write my own addin (ie Favorites) or modify the default configuration, when its all running I will send it along to Ketil for inclusion in the distribution.

Edgar
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

donkey

There is an error in the Dlg_As_MainW.tpl template, the header include line does not have a .h appended, it has been corrected and a new upload is available in the original post.

Edgar
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Shooter

Edgar,
I finally was able to figure it out. I zipped it up for anyone to review.

Many thanks,
-Shooter
those include files.