MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Pennsylvania Deer Season.

Started by Bill Cravener, November 26, 2010, 03:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cravener

BOOM !!!! (The sound of a 30-06 going off.) :bg

Monday the 29th is the first day of deer season here in the state of Pennsylvania. I love venison. It's a very lean meat (and I'm a big time meat eater!) with a wild flavor I have loved sense I was a small boy long ago when my father would bag one each year.

Pennsylvania has a very large population of wild white-tailed deer and PA is considering increasing the bag limit of antlerless deer in the coming years because of crop damage and countless auto accidents.

So I was wondering, how do other countries handle wild game populations. Do you have yearly hunting seasons as we do here in the states? I'm a life long game hunter and would like to know.

Anyway, I hope to bag one for my freezer next week and I told my family and friends who also game hunt, if they don't want the meat I have a nice big freezer.

Simple deer meat recipe:

Ingredients;

•   1 1/2 pounds venison (deer meat)
•   2 onions, chopped
•   4 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
•   3 tablespoons butter
•   1 clove garlic, minced
•   1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
•   1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
•   1 cup sour cream
•   1 teaspoon salt
•   1 pinch mustard powder
•   1/8 teaspoon dried parsley

Cooking Directions;

1. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and saute until translucent then add meat and saute until browned.

2. When meat is lightly browned, add mushrooms, garlic, tomato paste, flour, sour cream, salt, mustard powder and parsley. Stir together, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. The longer it simmers the more tender the meat will be. Yummy!
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

dedndave

my nephew gave me 4 lbs while i was in Michigan
unfortunately, the car was loaded with tools and equipment - no room for an ice chest - no way to bring it back
but, my sis has it in deep freeze for when i go back up in the summer

Bill Cravener

Dave, you'd like it I think. Quick way to cook is cut it thin fry in a pan with a little butter and sliced onions. Goodness, my mouth is salivating thinking about it. I spent a year in the Dallas - Fort Worth areas long ago and the deer out in the sticks were tiny things compared to PA white-tail. I suspect that Arizona is the same. They get big and tasty up this way.

By the way, hope you and yours got their fill of turkey yesterday!

I'm fasting today. :bg
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

dedndave

yah - i miss deer hunting
out here, they don't really have deer - lol
we call em "mule deer" - they are about half the size of the ones back in Michigan and not nearly as tasty
we do have elk, but it's very hard to get drawn for the tag

hutch--

:bg

Did it in style yesterday, the mother of a friend of mine was in town and she shouted her son, his girlfriend and me out to lunch on the harbour, a rowing club built on the water edge and had a wonderful lunch. As an added bonus a youngster working their has the longest legs I think I have ever seen. Now I wonder if she has a good looking maiden aunt ?
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

dedndave

sounds like Hutch is in loveust  :P

Bill Cravener

Nothing in the world more attractive then a beautiful pair of long female legs. The rest of it is just pairs of humps and bumps. :bg
My MASM32 Examples.

dedndave

good things come in two's   :lol