News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

possibly a few bugs..

Started by vanjast, April 12, 2011, 08:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanjast

Hi Ramon, here are a few things that might be bugs with regard to the visual interface - This is before your latest update - I'll load this tomorrow and try again.

1) If I want to change a common property after selecting multiple objects (eg. Buttons). If I change the parameter to a value, that one of the selected objects already has, there is no change to the other objects - I have to change the parameter to a unique value, then to the value I want.
It seems that if an object has this value, it aborts the changes to all the other selected objects.

2)This one has only occured recently and I'm not sure whether it's my laptop (Acer Travelmate 5720G + XP Pro + SP3), but when I select an object to move, the object (selected icon) accelerates away from the mouse cursor, and dissapears off screen. When looking at the position parameters (left, top.. etc) I see very large positive or negative values. It looks as if the selected icon picture (and position parameter) are receiving multiples of the mouse cursor movement messages.

Rebooting the PC made no difference.

Anyway thanks for a great UI
:U

Ramon Sala

Hi vanjast,

Thanks for the report. I'll have a look as soon as possible.

Regards,

Ramon
Greetings from Catalonia

vanjast

Thanks Ramon.. I'll post pics tomorrow as this might make it easier.  :U

Ramon Sala

Greetings from Catalonia

vanjast

Here's part a screen grab.

I'd just selected the Normal option and moved it, The mouse cursor (I had to put this in as it didn't appear on the screen grab) but this is it's postion, but you can see that the drag icon has run away from the cursor. The distance depends how fast you select and drag.

Ramon Sala

Hi vanjast,

Thanks for the pic. It makes things much clearer and I think I know what is happening to you.

1- A Radio button is used to select an option between two or (among) more options, so only one Radio can be selected at a time inside the same Window (or the same Group or the same Picture). That's why you cannot set the Value property to "1 - Checked" for the three Radio controls (you can see that doesn't happen with other controls). If you need to select several options at a time, you will have to use Check controls.

2- About the mouse problem, it has never happened to me nor anyone has reported that issue. However, let me do some deeper testing and I'll come back to you.

Thanks for using EC.

Ramon
Greetings from Catalonia

Ramon Sala

Hi again,

Well, I 've compiled a test version of EC in order to see whether it solves the mouse problem.

Please make sure you have the latest version (released yesterday). Then download the executable file (note it is version 0.00.0.0000) for testing purposes at:

http://easycode.cat/English/Download/EasyCode.zip

Replace the EasyCode.exe file in the 'Bin' folder with the one you just downloaded. Run the new executable file to see whether the problem persists and let me know the results.

Thanks for your help.
Greetings from Catalonia

vanjast

Makes no difference - The 'bug' is still there.

I think it has something to do with my laptop, as I'm running the same setup on the PC and there's no problem. I'll disable the mouspad, as this thing does nothing but irritate me - and see what happens. I'm using a usb mouse with my laptop
:bg

Ramon Sala

I also think it has to do with your laptop. I've been testing on several computers, including laptops with touch pad and the problem has not appeared. On the other hand, nobody has ever complained about this problem, so.. sorry but I do not know what else to do. Did you try to update the mouse driver?
Greetings from Catalonia

dedndave

i have noticed something that may be related
XP does not support horizontal scroll by tilting the wheel left and right
hell - i didn't even know my mouse did that - lol
but, i have ms intellipoint installed
it emulates the vista/win7 feature by converting the tilt into WM_HSCROLL messages
now, here is the kicker
it ALSO sends WM_MOUSEHWHEEL messages, which is not a XP thing at all
if i write a handler for the horizontal wheel,
it would scroll some distance due to the WM_HSCROLL msg and some more due to the WM_MOUSEHWHEEL msg
another thing that may be causing issue on Van's laptop is mouse acceleration
maybe the mouse messages sent to the window are accelerated, but the pointer is not   :P

vanjast

Dave.. you might have a point wrt accelleration.. I'll check it out  :8)

dedndave

that - or.....
the mouse driver may be "adding a feature" - lol
you might try unchecking a few boxes in the control panel mouse applet

i want to provide mouse wheel support in my program
i plan on adding a few items to the menu so that they may be disabled at the user's discretion
that way, if their driver adds it, it doesn't get added twice

perhaps it is something like that with your laptop
the touchpad driver acceleration is conflicting with the mouse acceleration
maybe you have a seperate applet or tab for the touchpad

Ramon Sala

Great dedndave!

I took that into account in the text editor, but not for moving controls. I'll check it out.
Greetings from Catalonia

Ramon Sala

Hi vanjast,

I have compiled a new test version controlling the WM_MOUSEWHEEL and WM_MOUSEHWHEEL messages for moving objects  (those messages are now captured and do nothing). Download it at:

http://easycode.cat/English/Download/EasyCode.zip

Please check whether the problem gets solved.

Greetings from Catalonia