News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

HOWL missing

Started by GeorgeA7299, September 24, 2010, 08:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeA7299

I just downloaded the hlasetup.exe and successfully installed it. In addition, I was able to compile programs with through the command line. However, when I tried to compile an HOWL program I got the error message "Could not open include file "'howl.hff'." Could any one tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Sevag.K

is there no howl.hhf in your include folder?  if not, we'll inform Randall.
howl.hhf does come with the hla executables archive (the link right below the hlasetup.exe on the web page) or you can just grab the one in the HIDE folder, there hasn't been an update done on the howl.hhf so it should work.

GeorgeA7299

I am afraid the setup I used doesn't have howl.hhf in its include folder. Please help.

GeorgeA7299

This is so weird. It turns out that the setup program I was using was for version 1.103. I managed to get HLA 2.14. Now, I'm sure everything will work out fine. One thing though. I found the obsolete setup program on your site. The only way I managed to find the current verison was through the links on this forum.

Sevag.K

i don't have the setup program on my new site.  it is possible you found the older site Randall Hyde maintains for compatibility with art of assembly 1st edition, or a link from my older site which i no longer maintain.

the link in my signature below leads to my new site.

tbohon

Just tried (twice) to download the kAES.zip file from your site but received a very polite but firm "sorry we can't find that file".

Thoughts re: what I could be doing wrong?

dedndave

tbohon