News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Help me !

Started by s0uleater, October 15, 2010, 11:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s0uleater

I apologize for my English. English is not my native language.

I have a problem with the installation Masm32

Basically when I go to install Avira blocks the installation, because it finds a virus. Exe files!

Now I ask you who you use it, can I safely go? because I read some threads not very pleasant.

P.S: I apologize if I'm wrong section.

s0uleater.

Antariy

Quote from: s0uleater on October 15, 2010, 11:05:41 PM
I apologize for my English. English is not my native language.

I have a problem with the installation Masm32

Basically when I go to install Avira blocks the installation, because it finds a virus. Exe files!

Now I ask you who you use it, can I safely go? because I read some threads not very pleasant.

P.S: I apologize if I'm wrong section.

s0uleater.

If you are download installation package from this site, then it *must* be safe.
Many files from package is packed with PECompact, so, antiviruses can say what they are viruses  :green2

s0uleater

Of course, installing the downloaded from this site.

I do not mean that Masm32 is a virus.

But since I want on my PC, I want to be sure of what I install, there are too many bad people around <. <

My English is painful sorry XD

Antariy

Quote from: s0uleater on October 15, 2010, 11:20:19 PM
Of course, installing the downloaded from this site.

I do not mean that Masm32 is a virus.

But since I want on my PC, I want to be sure of what I install, there are too many bad people around <. <

My English is painful sorry XD

My English is bad, too (it is not my native language :).

Well, if you are have package from here, it is good idea to install it  :bg
Hutch packed many (all) from his programs with PEC, so, any not very advanced antivirus (or too much careful) can decide that this is a virus. But this is not right (for Hutch's programs).

Alex

ToutEnMasm

Basically when I go to install Avira blocks the installation
change your anti virus."Microsoft security essential" is a good one and free.

jj2007

Quote from: s0uleater on October 15, 2010, 11:20:19 PMthere are too many bad people around

That is an astonishing statement from somebody calling himself souleater ::)

Anyway: Welcome to the Forum, don't be scared of Masm32, tell Avira to shut up, and see the tips, tricks and traps before asking why ecx changed its value although you swear you didn't eat its soul.
:thumbu

s0uleater

Ok, I trust you ! XD

Thank goodness, because the guides that I have are only good for Masm32 !

However, I eat are the evil soulsĀ  :bdg xD

s0uleater.

s0uleater

I apologize for the double post, but there is a new problem.

I installed Masm32, but when I go to assembles the lib, it gives me an error and says it does not find a file T_T

Let me explain:

Practically, when the program has finished extracting the file, it opens the cmd, and begins to assemble lib etc ...

I get to a point and hangs, giving me this error.

All of me captain. XD

I have Windows Vista.

ToutEnMasm

Seems you aren't the only one to have trouble with vista
http://www.masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=7373.msg54653#msg54653
How to search on the forum ?.
Clic on the "The masm forum",fill the box with words like "masm32 vista" and you get some answers.
Be sure to have close all the unused programs before re-install masm32.

s0uleater

I solved it!

Opening the file: makelibs.bat I successfully compiled all the libraries!

[Edit]

When I created a hello world, and build the project, points out how the virus avira me! incredible! xD

It 's always a problem of no antivirus? is not that the compiler creates malicious code ?

:dazzled:

jj2007

Quote from: s0uleater on October 16, 2010, 04:26:13 PM
When I created a hello world, and build the project, points out how the virus avira me! incredible! xD

It 's always a problem of no antivirus? is not that the compiler creates malicious code ?

Avira is one of those stupid companies who believe that if a proggie does not weigh at least a few megabytes, it surely must be a virus. Don't worry, your assembler does not create viruses unless you tell it to do so...

s0uleater

You're right!

If I compile an example of Masm32 on the desktop, not my avira virus reports it as being a file larger than a simple hello world.  :U

Thanks for your help, and I'm sorry I doubted, but they were questions that had to do!

I apologize for my English!

Antariy

Quote from: jj2007 on October 16, 2010, 05:51:06 PM
Avira is one of those stupid companies who believe that if a proggie does not weigh at least a few megabytes, it surely must be a virus.

:green2

s0uleater

I'm trying out the various instruments of Masm32 are fantastic!

Let me give you my congratulations, but the assembly is hard to learn! xD