MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Help with configuring GoAsm version 1.04

Started by neferkamichael1, August 31, 2010, 06:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neferkamichael1

Dear Sirs;

I am brand new to assemby language programming. I have downloaded numerous assemblers and IDE's and have problems with configuring them becsude I don't know how. The one I have had the most luck with is GoAsm version 1.04.
When I opem GoAsm I get a message that says window.h, commctrl.h, and richedit.h are missing. I okay out of that and type a small program and try to "make it" and get a message that says "cannot find the assembler file". It says specify the correct path in the tools menu. My problem is I don't know what files toput in the path.
If anyone can help me I would be in your debt.

Thanks
neferkamichael1

Also can anybody recommend a good tutorial? :bg

Yuri

The latest version of GoAsm.exe is 0.56.8, as far as I know. Also, it's a command line tool, I can't imagine how you can "open" it. Please explain in more detail what you are talking about.

wjr

I believe what you have installed is Easy Code (v1.04) for GoAsm (which is at v0.56.8). If you haven't already done so, please go to http://www.godevtool.com/ and download the assembler GoAsm, resource compiler GoRC, and linker GoLink (also ECGo.zip, at the top left).

It would appear that Tools -> Settings -> Compile /LinkĀ  defaults to the proper executable names, but you also need to supply the path to wherever you installed the above Go tools (or no path necessary if you put these Go tools in the EasyCode.Go/Bin folder).

mineiro

Sr neferkamichael1, not the subject of your post but you can try to find "masm" or "masm32" in some tube sites.
In masm32 have some examples if you can install it. If you understand assembly language, download "iczelion" tutorials to program to windows 32, if you need help, search inside this site.
http://www.masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=14686.0
regards and good luck Sr.

neferkamichael1

WJR, Mineiro,

Thank you for the websites and hopefully in the future I can get some more.
Also I am new to forums as well so please bare with me as I learn to use them as well

Live, Health, Prosperity
Neferkamichael1