News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Windows/NET4 SDK

Started by sinsi, August 08, 2010, 03:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinsi

Is anyone using this new SDK? I just downloaded it and it's a lot different to the previous version - it now uses a browser, no more index on the left, only a search box.
It does give you the option of using online documentation or downloading it to use locally. The only things that come with the iso version (600MB) seem to be the headers, libraries and tools.
At the moment I hate it but was wondering whether it's worth persevering with or reverting to the win/net3.5 version.
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them.

sinsi

I'll take that as a no, then.
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them.

Twister

Oh! I am so sorry for overlooking your thread, sinsi! I am sorry!!

I, too, have Windows .NET Framework 4.0 installed. I am happy they released it with Silverlight 4.0; it is very sexy and hypnotizing. :P
I have read that Microsoft is really focusing in on multi-computing technology in .NET 4.0. They are also coming out with a new operating system specifically for multi-computing.

I am so grateful that Microsoft put the option to check for MSDN Library updates for a variety of topics (C++ Development, .NET Development, Silverlight, ect. ect.). It always bugged me when I found I didn't have the most up to date reference. It made me feel as though I was in the stone age. :dazzled: