News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

sqlite3

Started by scjain, October 03, 2009, 11:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scjain

can sqlite3 database may be used in easycode for masm, if yes than how to use the said database for view,edit and delete data?
Thanks in advance for reply-scj

farrier

scjain,

Yes!

sqlite3 has proven to be a very powerful tool for a number of my projects; all done in assembler (fasm)

Tell me a little more about what you have and what you need to do.  Do you already have a database you must use, or do you need to create one?  Do you want to add records, or just select, edit, and update the records.

Let me know!

farrier
It is a GOOD day to code!
Some assembly required!
ASM me!
With every mistake, we must surely be learning. (George...Bush)

scjain

hello farrier
thanks for your prompt reply to my query. So far I am able to create,add records in a database, but not getting how to view those records and edit/update or delete those recors. presently i am using easycode for masm. your help in this regards is highly solicited.
thanking you in advance
scjain

farrier

scjain,

Attached are some code segments which should get you started.  There are other ways to do the same thongs I've done here, but this is how I do it.  Ask more questions if you need to.

hth,

farrier :U
Some assembly required!
ASM me!

scjain

hello farrier
thanks for your example which has helped me a lot.but am sorry that i could not proceed further due to prolonged illness,Now I need your help, how to print datas from the database table while processing those datas to laser printer,say cash book etc.
thanking you in advance
scjain

farrier

scjain,

Glad to hear you are back coding!

Printing can be easy or complicated.  If you are just printing text it can be easy; if you want to print forms with boxes, columns, and rows it will be complicated.

There are quite a few postings here that deal with printing.  I remember donkey did a very helpful post on printing.  Use the search.  The data you want to print from a sqlite Select is just like any other text, either ASCII or Unicode.

You can print raw data--control codes and "text"--to any printer on your network.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd162861%28VS.85%29.aspx

hth,

farrier
Some assembly required!
ASM me!