News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

K-Meleon Gripes

Started by shankle, June 21, 2010, 03:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shankle

I obviously have and use K-Meleon. It INMHO is a good browser.
But any software should be open to suggestions and possible improvements.
K-Meleon is Not. They have an infallible attitude in my opinion.
Ex: years ago had K-Meleon and a user PW and ID. Couldn't get their bookmarks to work
so I uninstalled it and got rid of the User Id and PW. MISTAKE. Then later I felt that
I should try it again. Well if you want to use the forum to ask a question you must
sign on. I had to use my wife's sign to get a message to them to update their site
so allow for people that lost there User ID and PS. They said the were to busy to fool with the web
site to add a phrase like "I forgot my User Id and PS - click here". They also deleted my
question from the General forum. Nice people.
The greatest crime in my country is our Congress

oex

The way I view browsers is like this:

British Telecom owns all land lines in the UK.... If you want to go with another subscriber they rent the lines off BT and BT does all the maintenance/upgrades etc.... Whenever there is a problem there are always more delays with a non BT service because they have to go through BT to fix it....

The same is with browsers, every time Microsoft upgrades windows the authors of the browser software have to check all their code over after Microsoft has released the new code/functions to them.... If the developer base is massive and well organised this may not be a problem but if the developer base is small it will likely be more hassle than it's worth to use non Microsoft software....

These are two examples of divisive monopolies that give the appearance of choice whilst actually only offering the option of paying the same for a worse product
We are all of us insane, just to varying degrees and intelligently balanced through networking

http://www.hereford.tv

Rockoon

Most open source projects end up like that.

Sure, there are some darling projects, but 99 out of 100 of them we havent or barely even heard of. K-MELEON is one of those things. Ive barely heard of it, never used it, but it sure looks likes most of the other OSS projects ive come across. An unprofessional attitude together with way too much smugness.
When C++ compilers can be coerced to emit rcl and rcr, I *might* consider using one.

vanjast

No problems here - K works like a charm
I don't bother with on-line help.!!
I use it until it becomes to much hassle, then use something else
:8)