News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Manifest in x64

Started by sinsi, March 12, 2010, 07:22:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinsi

I was wondering about using a manifest file with a 64-bit exe. A couple of things, I have seen "processorArchitecture" as "AMD64", is this correct? Another post here
says something about using "processorArchitecture=*". The other thing is with using common controls 6, is the info in the 32-bit manifest the same for x64?

Also curious as to what happens with a manifest asking for administrator under XP Pro 64-bit. Will it bring up a "run as" dialog or is that a vista+ thing?
I've seen Greg's code which does bring up the dialog but will a manifest have the same effect without code?
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them.

tofu-sensei

Quote from: sinsi on March 12, 2010, 07:22:56 AM
A couple of things, I have seen "processorArchitecture" as "AMD64", is this correct? Another post here
says something about using "processorArchitecture=*". The other thing is with using common controls 6, is the info in the 32-bit manifest the same for x64?
here's a manifest for an x64 program as generated by vs 2008:
<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
  <trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">
    <security>
      <requestedPrivileges>
        <requestedExecutionLevel level="requireAdministrator" uiAccess="false"></requestedExecutionLevel>
      </requestedPrivileges>
    </security>
  </trustInfo>
  <dependency>
    <dependentAssembly>
      <assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" version="6.0.0.0" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df" language="*"></assemblyIdentity>
    </dependentAssembly>
  </dependency>
</assembly>

QuoteAlso curious as to what happens with a manifest asking for administrator under XP Pro 64-bit. Will it bring up a "run as" dialog or is that a vista+ thing?
I've seen Greg's code which does bring up the dialog but will a manifest have the same effect without code?
it will just run, even on a limited account.

sinsi

Thanks for that my friend. The only thing different is 'amd64' instead of 'x86'.
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them.

Antariy

sinsi, try use:

processorArchitecture="*"

This must be one thing for any architecture.

Alex

Twister

GregL

"ia64" is Itanium. I think that part of that documentation was overlooked. It should be "amd64".