MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

RadASM 3.0 bugtest

Started by KetilO, May 31, 2010, 12:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shooter

Quote from: dedndave on January 04, 2011, 05:53:49 PM
just a suggestion, here...
you might also post the code for one of your simpler projects that demonstrates the hang

as for the help files not launching...
look in the Masm.ini file to see if the paths are correct, then verify that the files are present
example: does the file "E:\Program Files\RadASM\Help\WIN32.HLP" exist ???

See attached for the latest one (so far you have to exit by pressing Alt-F4). And like I mentioned, it's intermittent.

As to the other part, yeah, the file does indeed reside where the .ini says it should.

-Shooter
Never use direct references to anything ever. Bury everything in
macros. Bury the macros in include files. Reference those include
files indirectly from other include files. Use macros to reference
those include files.

donkey

Before we help, update your RadAsm to the latest version. The version shown in the image has the shorter project type combo so it can't be the newest. Go to Tools:Check for Updates, the version at source forge may say it is the same as yours but that is normally because it does not support the version letter. Just update with whatever version you find there regardless of whether it says you're up to date or not. Once you have the latest version try to repeat the problem, if it still exists then post it here.

For the help files, they are not really all distributed with RadAsm, I would assume for copyright reasons, you will have to find and install them yourself. For example Win32.hlp is a really old file that can't even normally be opened if you're running Windows Vista or 7. It used to be available from Borland but not anymore (permission denied). At any rate it's pretty much useless and you're probably better off without it. I am currently rewriting the help system for RadAsm as an addin that will solve this problem, though since it is being written from scratch with a completely new SQL based approach it is taking some time. Should be ready in a few weeks for alpha testing though.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Shooter

Quote from: donkey on January 04, 2011, 06:43:38 PM
Before we help, update your RadAsm to the latest version. The version shown in the image has the shorter project type combo so it can't be the newest. Go to Tools:Check for Updates, the version at source forge may say it is the same as yours but that is normally because it does not support the version letter. Just update with whatever version you find there regardless of whether it says you're up to date or not. Once you have the latest version try to repeat the problem, if it still exists then post it here.

Done. I had 3.0.0.7h, now I have 3.0.0.7i.

Original problem with hanging still exists though. I will state that moving the project files over to my laptop (still running 3.0.0.7h), the problem does not duplicate.

For the help files, they are not really all distributed with RadAsm, I would assume for copyright reasons, you will have to find and install them yourself. For example Win32.hlp is a really old file that can't even normally be opened if you're running Windows Vista or 7.

I'm running XP Pro SP3.

It used to be available from Borland but not anymore (permission denied). At any rate it's pretty much useless and you're probably better off without it. I am currently rewriting the help system for RadAsm as an addin that will solve this problem, though since it is being written from scratch with a completely new SQL based approach it is taking some time. Should be ready in a few weeks for alpha testing though.

I look forward to it.
those include files.

donkey

Quote from: Shooter on January 04, 2011, 07:12:16 PM
Done. I had 3.0.0.7h, now I have 3.0.0.7i.

Original problem with hanging still exists though. I will state that moving the project files over to my laptop (still running 3.0.0.7h), the problem does not duplicate.

I cannot recreate the problem here on either of my systems. Ketil will undoubtedly find it though.

QuoteI'm running XP Pro SP3.

That's not the point. Win32.hlp only covers up to Win95, which represents only a subset of the API and even then it does not cover all of that. You are better off to download and install the SDK, it is by far the most complete and reliable source. I currently have no plans to support HLP files in my help addin but may add it since it's not too much extra effort.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Shooter

Quote from: donkey on January 04, 2011, 07:34:34 PM
QuoteI'm running XP Pro SP3.

That's not the point. Win32.hlp only covers up to Win95, which represents only a subset of the API and even then it does not cover all of that. You are better off to download and install the SDK, it is by far the most complete and reliable source. I currently have no plans to support HLP files in my help addin but may add it since it's not too much extra effort.

I figured it wasn't, but just thought I'd throw that in there. I have already installed the Windows SDK.
those include files.

Gunner

Shooter, here is another idea to try:  Turn off you Anti-Virus program and see if it still happens....
~Rob (Gunner)
- IE Zone Editor
- Gunners File Type Editor
http://www.gunnerinc.com

Shooter

Quote from: Gunner on January 04, 2011, 09:53:54 PM
Shooter, here is another idea to try:  Turn off you Anti-Virus program and see if it still happens....

Welp, I opened a different project to work on, which didn't have a problem, then went back to the other project that had problems, and now it doesn't (like I said, intermittent). But if it happens again, I'll try the AV thing and see what happens.

-Shooter
those include files.

remus2k

Hi Ketil

If this a bug in your Project converter plugin?

I convert a radasm 2x to 3 and open the new created project file
now have i no any compile button all is disable only the Compile Resource button works

I open a Project what created with Radasm 3x and it works ::)

Or have i a Bug in my eyes? :bg

Gunner

Quote from: remus2k on January 05, 2011, 02:41:03 AM
Hi Ketil

If this a bug in your Project converter plugin?

I convert a radasm 2x to 3 and open the new created project file
now have i no any compile button all is disable only the Compile Resource button works

I open a Project what created with Radasm 3x and it works ::)

Or have i a Bug in my eyes? :bg

double click your "main" asm file of your project, then click menu Make > Toggle Current as Main File
~Rob (Gunner)
- IE Zone Editor
- Gunners File Type Editor
http://www.gunnerinc.com

remus2k

No i have found this bug

My new converted Projectfile
[Project]
Assembler=masm                <<<<<<<
Path=C:\My\XXXproject

Createt with Radasm3
[Project]
Assembler=Masm                 <<<<<<<
Path=C:\My\XXXproject

I have change the first Char of masm to Masm

is a bug in the Projekt converter plugin

and why save it my path in the project file?
For What?

dedndave

any substantial project will have a resource file
they always tend to be named rsrc.rc - lol
well - that is one reason for having seperate folders
it is better to keep things seperate - easier to find

remus2k

@dedndave

I have change this path manual and open my project and it works without path

To the bug i have found this mistake

If in the old Project file *.rap
[Project]
Assembler=masm

Convert only this masm without convert to uppercase the first Char

;Programming language
invoke GetPrivateProfileString,addr szIniProject,addr szIniAssembler,addr szNULL,addr buffer,sizeof buffer,addr project2x
invoke WritePrivateProfileString,addr szIniProject,addr szIniAssembler,addr buffer,addr project3x

And i have very many time used for setting up my Radasm2x Theme
I have try copy paste it in the new Radasm.ini and it works not

Use this a new array or anything for this colors?

dedndave

i don't know, Remus
i was only offering my thoughts on why projects get seperate folders
as for any bugs you may find, i am sure Ketil will pop in soon   :U

remus2k

Is ok DednDave

I the Project converter  must a check and change to uppercase for Assemblers

Store in Radasm3.ini
[Assembler]
Assembler=Masm,GoAsm,Fasm,Tasm,Cpp,Bcc,jWasm,sol_asm,fp,MinGW,fb

This problem with this theme is very very important
and i have not fun to setting up manual ervery my theme ::)

donkey

Remus,

I'm not sure what the point of this discussion is, Gunner told you the solution to your problem. The assembler name in the prra (project) file is not case sensitive, it could be MAsM and it still wouldn't make a difference. That is because it is only used as an entry in an INI file or as the root of a file name (masm.ini), neither of which are case sensitive under Windows. If you're having problems I really doubt that its because one is masm and the other is Masm, they are equivalent as far as RadAsm is concerned.
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable