News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Financial Sites Struggle After Market Crash.

Started by Bill Cravener, May 07, 2010, 10:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cravener

I know a few people that are heavy into the stock market who actually make a living at it. I know it's awful to feel this way but things like yesterdays crash just makes me laugh. They are claiming that someone entered a big number then ended it with a B instead of an M.

Bullshit!!

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/195801/financial_sites_struggle_after_market_crash.html

My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

rags

maybe the trading system on Wall Street was hacked?
God made Man, but the monkey applied the glue -DEVO

Magnum

Quote from: Bill Cravener on May 07, 2010, 10:15:03 AM

I know a few people that are heavy into the stock market who actually make a living at it. I know it's awful to feel this way but things like yesterdays crash just makes me laugh. They are claiming that someone entered a big number then ended it with a B instead of an M.

Bullshit!!

You can bet there was a boatload of buying after it dropped 995 points.

Have a great day,
                         Andy

Bill Cravener

Quote from: Magnum on May 07, 2010, 11:45:53 AM

Thats the point Magnum Thursday afternoon took financial websites down!! In the link I posted above it states; "Yahoo Finance, Fidelity.com and Google Finance are among the sites that people complained were unavailable or slow for a period during the afternoon."

Total panic. :bg
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

Magnum

Quote from: Bill Cravener on May 07, 2010, 12:39:22 PM
Quote from: Magnum on May 07, 2010, 11:45:53 AM

Thats the point Magnum Thursday afternoon took financial websites down!! In the link I posted above it states; "Yahoo Finance, Fidelity.com and Google Finance are among the sites that people complained were unavailable or slow for a period during the afternoon."

You are right. I hadn't read the whole article.

This situation reminded of a book I am reading, called Relativism.

'This stinking stew of ethical nothingness is the sad legacy of the sixties. Yet when our own moral philosophy turns us into victims--when our personal liberty is interrupted by random acts of anarchy--suddenly something like moral consciousness tries to lift it's head.

Take the L.A. riots of 1992, for example. As the buildings burned we watched with horror. Shop were plundered, not by hooded looters but by families made up of mom, dad, and the kids--moral mutants on the shopping spree of their lives, giggling and laughing with impunity while stuffing their spoils into shopping carts and oversized garbage bags.

We should not have been surprised. During the L.A. riots, these families did exactly what they had been taught. Nobody wanted to "impose" their morality on anyone else, so they learned that values are relative and that morality is a matter of personal preference. Make your own rules, define your own reality, seek your own truth."

Outta here. :-)

Have a great day,
                         Andy