News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Shenango Valley in winter time

Started by Bill Cravener, February 13, 2010, 08:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedndave

QuoteIf you've ever had a spill on a motorcycle...

i spilled my beer, once   :bg
how embarrasing

good to see you, Bill - we have missed you

Bill Cravener

Quote from: dedndave on July 24, 2010, 05:50:33 PM
i spilled my beer, once   :bg
how embarrasing

Hi Dave,

I've spilled my beer more then once buddy. :bg

I've been a busy fellow lately, that and its just too damned hot and humid (humid mostly) for my taste. Looking forward to September getting here. :wink
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

Bill Cravener

Here in northeast pa we have had record snow fall for December over 50 inches with way below average temperatures. Last summer we had more hot days then I can remember my entire life. We just had the last three days in the 40s and 50s (F) and the snows completely gone. But another front of cold is on its way. The east coast has been hit really hard this year and I believe many records where broken. Is the climate changing everywhere? Natural or not it seems to by changing?

So I wonder, who else is experiencing weather that has not been seen in many years (or in your own life time)?

Seen this one about Aussie floods. Is this a common disaster about the country each year or is it a rare event?

My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

FORTRANS

Hi,

Here In NW Florida we have had some hard freezes this
year.  Ugly (for here) and earlier than usual.  Some years it
may not get below 32 F so many people are not prepared for
that.  With the usual problems that causes.  At least it hasn't
snowed.  The years that we get snow kill a lot of things.
Definitely a record year.

Cheers,

Steve N.

hutch--

Bill,

Flooding in OZ is cyclical and it is effected by the El Nino cycle. Wet here is dry in places like Peru where dry here sees bad flooding on the other side of the south pacific. We get the monsoons up north that bring a lot of rain, add the reverse El Nino effect and you get too much rain and massive flooding in areas that may have been dry for 20 to 30 years. the other factor that effects the OZ weather pattern is the Great Southern Ocean, particularly in Winter. Old timers a couple of hundred years ago learn not to sail under Australia in the winter as you get ferocious conditions, massive seas and very high winds. They are not called the roaring 40s for nothing.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

caseys

Uf, never been so hard to understand

FORTRANS

Hi,

History & Almanac
     Max Temperature:    Min Temperature:
Normal (KHRT)    59 °F    40 °F
Record (KHRT)    69 °F (2007)    28 °F (2009)
Yesterday          43.9 °F          24.9 °F

Kind of lousey for Florida.

Yuckabees,

Steve N.

Bill Cravener

We have had over 105 inches of snow over the past 3 and a half months breaking our all time record for this area of the country. Then comes a weird warm front over the weekend and Sunday night it stormed with very heavy rain lighting and flooding. In my lifetime I can't remember having a heavy thunder and lighting storm with such heavy rain in February. January and February are our coldist months of the year. There was about 6 inches of snow on the ground when this weird weather front passed thru. I've got 2 inches of water in the basement.

There is now a small creek running thru my yard down to the neighbors who have a swimming pool that was empty for the winter (they never cover it and it did have about 6 inches of snow in it). Looking down at it now it is nearly full from the runoff passing thru my yard. I spoke to them and their house is one of those split level homes and they are seriously flooded.

From the very hot record breaking summer to this record breaking winter we've had it makes me wonder what we're in for come this spring and summer. The problem is the ground is still frozen and all the rain is just flowing on top of the ground. What a mess!!
My MASM32 Examples.