How do you get radhelp to work with RadASM 2.2.1.9b?

Started by xanatose, February 11, 2010, 04:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xanatose

I have RadHelp configured to use H2Viewer.exe, placed H2Viewer.exe on the Addins directory, Commented out the  F1 settings from RadASM.ini, enabled RadHelp.

Yet every time I hit F1 over a keyword, I get an error complaining that win32.hlp does not exist (wich it doesn't)

How do I avoid this error?

Here is a part from my RadASM.ini

[F1-Help]
;F1-Key=HelpFile
;F1=$H\Win32.hlp
CF1=$H\x86eas.hlp
SF1=$H\Masm32.chm
CSF1=$H\Rc.hlp

[RadHelp]
winapi=$D\H2Viewer.exe /helpcol ms-help://ms.msdnqtr.v90.en /filterquery /keyword "K$$$K"
default=
KeywordLists=winapi
x86=
masm=
GoAsm=
fpu=
fb=

donkey

Hi xanatose,

First be sure you have activated the addin with addin manager from the Options menu. You should not edit the ini files directly when using radhelp, instead set it up with the RadHelp entry in the options menu. If you are using MASM you should set the defaults for masm.ini otherwise they will probably over-ride the global settings you have entered, you select the appropriate assembler from the combo box at the top of the dialog.

Edgar
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

donkey

BTW, I have a Help2 viewer as well, and it works though there are no bookmarks but I am working on adding them when I get time. It works with RadHelp 0.4.3.7 and does a pretty good job. Plus it has an option to use the keyword passed to it in a Google search if you are connected to the internet.

Source and executable are available here:

http://www.quickersoft.com/donkey/help2_viewer.htm

The command line for it would be:

"$D\Help2 Viewer.exe" /$K /MS.MSDNQTR.v90.en

Edgar
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

xanatose

@donkey:

I tried that and even created a virtual machine and installed everything

The steps I take:
1. Options->RadHelp
2. Put "$D\Help2 Viewer.exe" /$K /MS.MSDNQTR.v90.en on the win32api.kwl and make sure its checked.

RadASM still tries to run win32.hlp instead of RadHelp.

I guess that I am missing a step.

BTW:
Nice program, the "Help2 Viewer.exe".

I specially like that it stays a single instance. So multiple callings with multiple keywords do not create a new instance.

EDIT
Finally got it to work by disabling every addin and then re-enabling them, taking care of enabling RadHelp first.