Trouble assembling \ linking... I didn't find anything on search ..

Started by Magicle, January 31, 2010, 01:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicle

Btw, thanks alot for the help guys. You've been awesome.   :U

jj2007

OT: This thread has reached five pages within 24 hours - never seen before :U

Magicle

That's probably because no one as retarded as me came up until now.  :lol ( :'()

TNick

Quote from: Magicle on January 31, 2010, 09:22:36 PM
Btw, thanks alot for the help guys. You've been awesome.   :U
You are welcome!

Quote from: Magicle on January 31, 2010, 11:26:20 PM
That's probably because no one as retarded as me came up until now.  :lol ( :'()
I think you should think higher about yourself. I find it annoying to keep reading these statements about yourself being this or that. You are just starting to learn a new thing and you're doing just fine. :U
Remember that you may come across your post in 5 years or so, when you will have 3749 posts.  :green2

Nick

Magicle

Hahaha thanks nick!  :wink

Its just that the damn program made me wanna kill something  :lol
But now when i can finally compile stuff (YES!), i can finally start working on codes.

Magicle

Btw, can you guys recommend some good tutorial sites?
I'm learning from 2 sites currently, but they sure hell don't cover even half of what assembly is about.
Also, if you know of a book that's really good - I might just buy it !
Thanks in advance.

TNick

I'm just curious why 16-bit? I would recommend http://win32assembly.online.fr/ for tutorials in 32bit
I don't think you should spent money on books, since there is plenty info on net about this subject.

Told ya, improve your search skills! :) Manny "noobs" came by and ask same questions over and over again. If you don't find your answer, then you are ready to open a new thread.

Nick

Magicle

Hence why I didn't open a new thread :P

And yes, I kinda fail at searching (or so I've been told...lol).
Thanks for the suggestion.
Why 16bit? I believe it is wiser to start from simple and then move to 32bit assembly codes.
Building your way up usually assures better results - a step at a time.  :wink

dedndave

well - it is nice to understand the basic principals of 16-bit
but, i would suggest you not spend a lot of time on it
you are going to learn all about BIOS and DOS function dispatchers via the INT instruction
and you have to learn all about segmented addressing
neither of those are any good to you when you move to 32-bit code
if you want to write programs that use the windows graphical interface, you may as well start out with 32-bit code

Magicle

Ahhhhh! Alrighty then, now I get it.
Thanks for sharing Dave, I've already started with the tutorials on the site that Nick gave me!
I have to admit, this is quite useful.
Again, you guys are awesome! Thanks.  :U
I'm really glad this isn't like most forums, that people try to show you how "smart" they are and know more than you.
People are willing to help here, and that's just grand. Thumbs up for everyone here.  :thumbu