compiled by masm32.windbg 6.11 doesnt work properly, and didnt load my pdb file.

Started by Max.Haann, January 05, 2010, 11:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max.Haann

please help me.

i wrote a masm32v10 test program, compiled it with ml /c /coff /Zi then linked with link /debug /subsystem:console /entry:start test.obj kernel32.lib it works after compile/link .

now , i just open the windbg 6.11, load the exe then press F10 twice, it doesnt show the source code. and the test.pdb is not loaded.

my symbol path include the folder of my program.

the test asm program works on windbg5 btw.(i need the 6.11 version not older one)

thanks for your help.

i guess the windbg6.11 wont load my test.pdb.

my system: windows7 x64 tested: windbg x64/x86 both versions

japheth

Quote from: Max.Haann on January 05, 2010, 11:47:07 AM
please help me.

i wrote a masm32v10 test program, compiled it with ml /c /coff /Zi then linked with link /debug /subsystem:console /entry:start test.obj kernel32.lib it works after compile/link .

now , i just open the windbg 6.11, load the exe then press F10 twice, it doesnt show the source code. and the test.pdb is not loaded.

It's a better strategy not to press F10 and instead enter 'g start' after the program has been loaded. If the debugger then stops at the program's entry, you can be sure that the symbol file has been found and loaded.

redskull

You can use the 'lm' command to see if the symbols have been loaded.  It should say (pdb symbols) and not (deferred) next to your module name.  If that's not the case, use ".reload /f" to force it to try again, and see what it says

-r
Strange women, lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government

Max.Haann