News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Check the new NO HOMEWORK rule.

Started by hutch--, April 07, 2005, 09:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninjarider

could we give then really nast shitty code that does something else or doesn't work at all

Robert Collins

Quote from: ninjarider on August 24, 2005, 03:56:50 PM
could we give then really nast shitty code that does something else or doesn't work at all

You have no mercy, ninjarider

ninjarider

well we could give them the idea of what to do. and if they use the code we give them it doesn't work or is does somthing that there instructor would know that they didn't do it.

yeah i can be a little cruel at times

Mark Jones

Like give them some obfsucated code that prints "Copyright(C)2005 MASM32 Project?" :bg

There really isn't any need to punish these people. They're already punishing themselves far worse by not learning what they're supposed to. When the time comes for them to use what they should have learned, they will fail and that's that. It is said that "Experienced people do not fail." But "Experience is gained from failure." Failure is a necessity of life. It is omittable in certain circumstances, however.
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

ninjarider

well. i would like for them fo fail there class as well. not just at life.

QvasiModo

Quote from: Mark Jones on August 24, 2005, 06:25:34 PM
Like give them some obfsucated code that prints "Copyright(C)2005 MASM32 Project?" :bg

:bdg

Even better:
push    4620h
push    6E612073h
push    65767265h
push    73656420h
push    6568532Fh
push    65482021h
push    676E6974h
push    61656863h
push    20736920h
push    746E6564h
push    75747320h
push    73696854h
mov     eax, esp
push    0
push    eax
push    eax
push    0
call    MessageBoxA

ninjarider

chola

This is an English language forum so dont abse anyone in here in Spanish simply because they will not do your work for you.

SALUDOS.

:tdown

Mincho Georgiev

There are many people,who still refuse to realize that the only way to getting better in each every day is learning, That's way they publish their homeworks (the whole code's of them) ,not just ask or trying to get help,they just want their code to be writted by someone else.
Yes,it true, i dont have many post's ,but so far i've try hard in every one of them to be usefull for somebody, i've publish examples and replies only when they helps and i want to say something to people,hidding behind their homeworks: See the examples and sources in the forum or anywhere else, learn'em pretty good,get the tutorials,read the books.Yeap,EVERY START IS HARD,but once you've started it's getting easier in every single line of code,written BY YOU and nobody else!!! Thank you !

OceanJeff32

I understand the Campus, and love the forum.  But maybe you shouldn't call it a NO homework rule, but HELP ONLY with homework rule, since after all, this is the CAMPUS.

After all, if people need help with their homework, shouldn't they feel free to discuss their problems here.  Besides, if this is how bad they bug US, just imagine being the teacher!! HAHA

I just spent the last three months of last spring tutoring students on Math and Web Design at Grays Harbor Community College in my hometown, so I have a very open-sharing mind as far as helping with homework goes, but I still have the attitude that the student should do ALL the necessary work in LEARNING on their own.

People don't usually need help, or for someone to do their homework for them...they just need NUDGING...come on, you can do it!  I do this to myself all the time in programming.

:green

Hope this helps people understand learners,

Jeff C

P.S. Hope even the educated realize they are still learning everyday too.
:wink
Any good programmer knows, every large and/or small job, is equally large, to the programmer!

hutch--

Jeff,

The reason for the rule is a few people abuse the support from members and won't do their own work. There is the grovelling, then the multiple postings, some post email addresses for some sucker to post their homework to and instead of making the effort to learn the material they are supposed to learn, they just keep hammering away driving everyone nuts.

Learners are welcome here and get support from members but lazy people who won't do their own work eventually get shown the door if they persist in making a nuisance of themselves.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

chola

IN ENGLISH - EN INGLES

PLEASE HUTCH DON'T WRITTE THINGS FOR MY, I NEVER SAY THAT.
THIS FORUM IS FOR HELP PEOPLE WITH HIS CODE NO ???
I PUT MY CODE, I ASK FOR HELP, SOME PEOPLE HELP ME, SOME PEOPLE ONLY WAS UNPOLITE, LIKE YOU.
SOME PEOPLE LIKE ME, DON'T KNOW ANYTING ABOUT THIS PROGRAM, AND YOU ASSUME THAT I'M A EXPERT.

IN SPANISH - EN ESPAÑOL

POR FAVOR HUTCH NO ESCRIBAS COSAS POR MI, YO NUNCA DIJE ESO.
ESTE FORO ES PARA AYUDAR A LA GENTE CON SU CODIGO NO ??
PUSE MI CODIGO EN ESTE FORO ALGUNAS PERSONAS ME AYUDARON (MUCHAS GRACIAS A ELLOS) Y OTRAS PERSONAS FUERON GROSERAS COMO VOS.
EL QUE PONGA CODIGOS ACA NO QUIERE DECIR QUE SOY UN EXPERTO, NO ASUMAN ESO, DE HECHO NO SE NADA DE ESTE PROGRAMA.

Quote from: chola on September 28, 2005, 04:59:59 AM
This is an English language forum so dont abse anyone in here in Spanish simply because they will not do your work for you.

SALUDOS.

:tdown
« Last Edit: Today at 01:32:33 AM by hutch-- »

hutch--

Never assume that this forum is run for anyone else than its members and the rule is in place to protect members from various forms of abuse. If you need to learn how to perform multiplication in assembler, instead of dumping a pile of junk in here, try making the effort to find out WHAT to learn and then LEARN it. The full set of Intel manuals are available for all of the instructions so its not like you have an excuse for not learning this stuff.

The instructions you need for multiplication are DIV and IDIV for integer multiply and there are FP instructions if you require FP precision. Every member here has had to learn the instructions so its not like you are the only one and if you make te effort, members will help you but if I see one more posting that is ALL CAPITALS I will delete it and if you persist with this style of posting your membership will be removed as well.

The "No Homework" rule is not negotiable and te members will not be used or abuse in te manner you have attempted.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

OceanJeff32

I agree with you, Hutch.  Some people take a while to learn things, myself included.  I think it is especially difficult for beginners.  I have a lot more patience than some of the other members...In teaching you absolutely must have patience.

I had one student from Mexico studying for his GED, I helped him every week (one day a week, usually three hours), and he had been studying for eight years!!  He said that I helped him progress more quickly than anyone, even teachers he had previously!

Anyways, I salute you for keeping these members new and old in line! HAHA  :dance:

It must have it's moments, but this board is actually great! I've almost logged 24 hours on here now!

:8)

Keep the faith (in programmers...),

Jeff C

:dazzled:

Sidenote to Chola:

I just noticed Hutch posted in your downline, he wasn't specifically talking about your posts, I believe he deleted the posts of others who were not so friendly to you.

Keep learning,

Jeff C
Any good programmer knows, every large and/or small job, is equally large, to the programmer!

gabor

Guys! Guys! Guys!

Again this topic is starting to be about something that has nothing to do with the original purpose of the Campus at all.

I can just repeat myself, as  I wrote it before:
There always will be newbies, who will try to get their homework done. The only safe solution against that would be if no member would finish those works for them. Well this depends on us, the members.
My experience is, that correcting codes, or writing whole algos for someone else is really scarce. It's true I met some "what is wrong with my code" topics and answers which tried to correct the whole code (not pointing out the problems in the code), but this is definitly not frequent.

I think if someone is asking a very simple thing, something we all had to get through some time it is not impolite to tell this person, that there are really good documentations to search thru for the answers. I happend to bump into questions, that are 100% answered in the WinAPI help. I suggested for the questioner to look for the answer in this help...
If the problem is more complex then I don't see why it should not be brought here, to the forum. Thinking about complex problems we all learn a bit, or at least keep our brains on training.

Now, who should decide what is a simle and what is a complex task? I guess that's why there is the Campus, and the Workshop/Laboratory...

Briefly: I would say let the forum be as it is, it works quite well, there are some problems, but significally not around homeworks...

Well, I must emphasize: all these are my opinions, I didn't mean to insult or support anybody. And I must admit, I don't know how difficult is to moderate the forums, to ensure that a topic is in its right place, on the right forum.

Chola!

I must support Hutch in public: I fully trust Hutch in matters about the forums. He has done such a work, that it seems almost impossible to me, that he could be so rude that you offend him in public. When someone has a (personal) trouble with a person, I suggest to write a personal message first.
It is true tthat your division/multiplication questions were fully basic questions (these are explained in every asm book or tutorial for beginners).
I am not insulting you, but giving you an advice: learn the basics, the instructions, addressing, asm syntax... take the time and read some books, tutorials, documentaions and get some example codes, analyze them. (There are hundreds on the Internet) This is what I did and do even now (I hope not about the basics anymore :) ) and this is what everyone did here...

Greets, Gábor