MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Astro

Started by Darrel, May 02, 2009, 12:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darrel

Improved MoonPhase.

You can go to Astronomical Applications Department and enter your location to find your longitude and latitude.

Regards,

Darrel

Mark Jones

Interesting Darrel, I had a play with the color controls (okay I went nuts) and came up with this:

Posted image so others could see what this is. Tested in Sandboxie because it extracted an executable. Nice work, is the installer custom?
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

Darrel

Hi Mark,

Yes I wrote the installer myself. On MoonPhase I wrote a seperate program to update the desktop icon. Since the icon is located in an executable windows updated the icon each time the executable was rewritten. Now I just have 1 program and since it cant rewrite itself, it rewrites the icon at each scheduled update and windows not update the icon automatically, so I had to force a flush of shelliconcache, thus the temporary screen telling you the desktop link is being updated (to hide all the screen redrawing of icons - which is quite messy with auto arrange on). The globe is rotated so the given longitude and latitude is centered on the screen. If you hover the mouse over one of the links it will display the location and date along with sunrise/sunset and moonrise/moonset. All the drawing is self written except for the text (gdiplus). Will eventually handle the text drawing myself too.

Regards,

Darrel

Darrel

I forgot to change a global variable to a local variable, which causes a problem with your HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics , Shell Icon Size value. This value is typically 32 or 48. AstroInstall will install the corrected program. AstroFix will install the corrected program and fix your registry.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Darrel

BlackVortex

Hey, seems Mark Jones was right to run it under Sandboxie   :cheekygreen:

Darrel

The only effect on my computer was the Astro link on my desktop not updating. As far as shutting down and rebooting there were no ill effects.

Darrel

Fixed a possible divide by zero situation (less than 1 in a trillion probability).

If you already have Astro run AstroFix. Otherwise AstroInstall is corrected too.

Regards,

Darrel

travism

Wow! This program is awesome. Great job!  :clap: