News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

m32lib source and Linux usage

Started by jcfuller, November 20, 2009, 02:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcfuller

As I said I do have a few headers done but they are primarily just proto's using :DWORD for all parameters. My "c/c++" is poor at best so
I think I will turn to the Linux FreeBASIC include files and see what I might borrow from them. I will not be doing any low level programming and have
already found a work-a-round for a little test piece I just finished using the posix regex. Instead of using a regex_t struct ( which I could not figure out),
I wrote a quick and dirty "c" snippit that printed out sizeof(regex_t) and used that number (32) to malloc some memory instead ,and passed that pointer.
Worked like a charm.

James

japheth

Quote from: hutch-- on November 23, 2009, 03:14:08 PM
You are confusing the information and the files, the information is copyright Microsoft, the files are copyright the MASM32 Project.

I'm not confused. For a work to be protected by copyright law it has to have - at the very least - some "creative" part. Any work which can be done by a machine - and a translation of a C header file to assembly clearly falls under this category - is considered "non-creative" and thus isn't protected.

Comments are different. However, I doubt if a comment like "Hello, I'm Steve Hutchesson and hereby proudly present the newest Windows.inc to the Masm32 community" at the top of Masm32's windows.inc would turn this file into a copyright work.

As per the licence they are not redistributable.

What's the purpose of this comment?

hutch--

It would not matter if the production of the file was done by trained microbes chewing away at the processor core, the files are published as an original work under copyright.

Addressing the nonsense in the GPL licence when applied to a non unix environment, forget the CopyLEFT or CopyWRONG waffle or the attempt to redefine the idea of FREEDOM to stealing anyone elses software, the GPL licence is COPYRIGHT of its intelectual property.

> What's the purpose of this comment?

As per the licence they are not redistributable.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

oex

Quote from: hutch-- on November 24, 2009, 01:08:17 AM
It would not matter if the production of the file was done by trained microbes chewing away at the processor core

Damn gotta get me some of those :lol
We are all of us insane, just to varying degrees and intelligently balanced through networking

http://www.hereford.tv

sinsi

Quote from: oex on November 24, 2009, 05:06:41 AM
Quote from: hutch-- on November 24, 2009, 01:08:17 AM
It would not matter if the production of the file was done by trained microbes chewing away at the processor core

Damn gotta get me some of those :lol
The trouble is that you need to install the wetware from a sloppy disk, and not too many PCs have a SDD.
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them.