News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Caching

Started by 0x401000, November 13, 2009, 07:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0x401000

How can I implement the caching code, just make the emulation, a vivid example of learning to study caching, for example to make a command interpreter, to do repetitive commands, and perform module caching for this interpreter. Thank you!

ecube

not sure exactly what you want but my understanding of caching is keeping a copy in memory to avoid having to retrieve it from other places, which inturn speeds things up alot. So using memory, or better structures(which is structured memory) to store said data, then retrieving when needed seems the best route to go. Theres array examples on the forum I believe, Donkey has examples in his strings library, that lets you create an array, and add,remove,edit, organize, list and retrieve string entries.

oex

ASM is 'compiled' rather than 'interpreted' you could reference by address or create an eval function
We are all of us insane, just to varying degrees and intelligently balanced through networking

http://www.hereford.tv

0x401000

I mean not only the caching of data, but some of the results of calculations, in the memory of your previous routines. Where can I download this library? site can be? Thank you!