News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

chm help files.

Started by KetilO, October 26, 2009, 10:25:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KetilO

masm32 now comes with .chm help files instead of the older .hlp files.

NOTE!
This applies if you are NOT using the RadHelp addin.
Download and install included RadASM.zip
Edit RadASM.ini and change:
[F1-Help]
SF1=$H\Masm32.chm

NOTE!
This applies if you ARE using the RadHelp addin.
Edit masm.ini and change:
[RadHelp]
masm=$H\masm32.chm

KetilO

Grant

Hi KetilO

Yeah I know about the settings in the "RadAsm.ini" and had already changed them to point to the "*.chm" files. Unfortunately no solution!

When I call a help that is in the .chm format, in this instance opcodes.chm, an error messagebox is presented:

This messagebox was generated by winhelp32.exe as shown here:

I thought that this was happening for everyone :red Oops my bad. Maybe there is problem with my setup. But I'm confused as to why calling help from the menu has no problems at all.

Sorry for being a pain in the proverbial

Grant

KetilO

Hi Grant

That problem should be fixed in the above Radasm.zip. Did you install it?

KetilO

Grant

Thanks KetilO

Whats that saying about never assume! :red

I had downloaded the package on the 23rd of this month and naturally thought that I had the latest. Uh uh no. So when you said download RadAsm.zip I assumed what I had already got was good enough.
Haha quite funny really :lol.
No seriously, sorry for stuffing you around like that. So in answer to the question - Yes everything works fine now!

Now a question! Could you tell me where in the code that change is located so I can examine it. Unfortunately I am extremely curious and love reading other peoples code. Probably why I never get around to doing any real coding for myself. :(
I'm trying to learn assembler and I find that this method is very helpful. Btw I have got the code dated 26/10/2009.

Thanks

Grant

UtillMasm

KetilO

Hi Grant

It is in DoHelp in the Misc module.

KetilO

Grant

Thanks KetilO  :U

Cheers

Grant